Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there more of a tall hatch than a 4x4 but I do like the look of them..
I'm not sure why they left the name Dualis for the almost unpronounceable name Qashqai?
I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with Nissan's all mode 4x4 system off road? I was told by the dealer the chassis control is the same sort of set-up as the GT-R so not ideal for climbing I would imagine.
Let me know your thoughts :confused:

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Id by a Polo GTI or a Golf TDI rather than that for the city. sorry but I just totally dont get the "crossover" concept.

Im in the market for something smaller about that price range for ease of commuting from the boonies and there is no way in bucklies Id get something that isnt a 4x4 and isnt a car.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,599 Posts
It's the same system used in the T31 Xtrail. The system isn't bad overall and great in auto mode in the wet. It's a pain in the ass out bush if you stall a manual version, as all the electric settings turn off and leave you in precarious situations.

Don't go leaving it in full 4x4 lock for any longer than 10 mins at it had a tendency to overheat and fail after any longer than 15 mins. They may have improved things in the 5 years since I bought, but being Nissan I can't see them caring. Leave it in auto and enjoy!

All other parts of the system work well, be it hill decent control (uses the ABS and makes a hell of a racket) or hill start. I've tested them all and was happy.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
823 Posts
My mrs is keen on these 'crossover' vehicles. I don't know where she gets it from. As with benno, I do not understand the concept. They all annoy the shizen out of me.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,803 Posts
Crossovers are for cross-dressers, that is all.

Reactions: simo-n

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,033 Posts
It's taken a lot of self restraint not to post a rant on those ghey little crossover things and Nissan's "genius" theory of selling four or five models of the same farking car.

I will simply say that whoever thought either of those ideas was a good thing should be run over by a crossover. That extra 2" of ground clearance over a Corolla should save them. Surely.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,710 Posts
I remember assisting a nissan Dularus on Fraser Island a few years back, very suprised how far it made it considering the young couple driving it never let the tyres down.

for a few kms couldnt figure out why the top of the track was flattened off. poor car dragged its Arse from the barge inland.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,408 Posts
They are only available in 2wd in Oz, if any one cares that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts