Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
___BTDT___
42,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members
After thinking about this for a while and seeing so many on our roads I had a discussion with OldMav recently about trying this out and he agreed with me so this morning I kicked off a Nissan Navara technical section as an experiment, it may take a bit of time, who knows? but I feel it is worth the attempt to expand our forum and help keep it alive, nothing ventured, nothing gained. My big question now is how do we get the word out???????
Ross

·
Premium Member
24,708 Posts
Members
After thinking about this for a while and seeing so many on our roads I had a discussion with OldMav recently about trying this out and he agreed with me so this morning I kicked off a Nissan Navara technical section as an experiment, it may take a bit of time, who knows? but I feel it is worth the attempt to expand our forum and help keep it alive, nothing ventured, nothing gained. My big question now is how do we get the word out???????
Ross
That is easy. There are easily a thousand odd Nav owners on Zdwarriors now (and over 10,000 ZD30 patrol owners.). I'll put the word out to them about the Nav section. You will find that a lot of them already follow the ZD30 Di section. This will give them reason to spend more time here.

I like shiny stuff

·
___BTDT___
42,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would also hope our members with Navara owning friends would put the word out as well.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
It's a Patrol forum there is already a couple of sections here for non Patrol stuff so no need for this, what's next X trail, pathfinder, colorado, mux sections, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
11,361 Posts
Its a nissan 4wd forum.
Since they stopped offering a diesel option they aren't selling patrols in big numbers (not looking to debate the virtues of petrol v diesel) Meaning if we just stick to patrols there wont be that many future members.
It makes sense to have a nav section in the forum and maybe even a forum name change to Nissan4x4.com imo.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Sorry I must be reading the title wrong thought it said Patrol4x4 Nissan Patrol Forum, not Nissan branded forum.
Lot of stuff happening here that has a few not returning to frequently but hey I read/contribute to what I feel like, as said my 2 cents

·
Registered
11,361 Posts
Yeah mines only 2c worth as well.
I see the value in having Navs on board too though.
Going forward they are outselling patrols I reckon, so there might be plenty of interest.

·
___BTDT___
42,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I must be reading the title wrong thought it said Patrol4x4 Nissan Patrol Forum, not Nissan branded forum.
Lot of stuff happening here that has a few not returning to frequently but hey I read/contribute to what I feel like, as said my 2 cents
Yes this is Patrol4x4.com, no question about it, but Patrol's will not go on forever, the Y62 is basically a failure within our market, we have some dedicated Y62 members but I can't see that ever growing at any sizable rate, so it is left to the GQ and predominantly the GU to shoulder the burden of keeping this forum going and they are disappearing slowly. So I thought about possible expansion to make our forum more relevant to a bigger marketplace, We have done this before with engine conversions etc, I ran this idea past OldMav and he agreed hence I made it a reality, whether it works or not, like anything else, only time will tell but we will give it our best shot. Peter and I talk quite a bit, our outlook is for the long game.

You mention a few not returning too frequently, you have been a member since 2008, I have since 2010, so we have both seen quite a few leave during that time for many and varied reasons, sell their vehicle / get another interest / get married and have kids / get P'd off because they can't follow a few basic rules / etc, some I miss significantly a few others I don't miss at all, but let me put membership into perspective, over the last 3 months we have had an average of 71.5 new members per week sign up, that's not a bad number and far higher than a leaving rate I would offer. This forum survives on 'Guests' not members, but our membership comes from that reserve of 'Guests' and they can number between 100 and 300 at any given time, they come here for information, nothing else I can assure you, if we can widen or improve on that information then an added life we have.

My 2 cents worth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts