Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a Nissan navman that came with the vehicle. Its started coming up with error every time it starts with "no language loading sd-card in system......" . It maybe after i changed some settings but i cant get rid of the error. It gives the quit option then loads ok but its a pain every time. Anyone know the fix please

Ken

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi

Should this be in another section ?

K

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Never heard of a "Nissan Navman"... Are you talking about the Factory SatNav?

If so... is it the VDO Dayton system (2007 onwards) ?

If it is the VDO what release is it on your SD card.

If it is Factory Satnav but the previous Manuf (2006 or earlier) then the manuf have gone bust and you are probably stuffed.

If it isn't any of the above... can't help ya, Sorry.

NO biggee but telling us the Model, Series and MY always helps when posting up Q's

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK

PC 5200/40
HW 010
SW 0258
Language 0610
Prod 11/08
SD Australia Sensis 200708

Any help ?

K

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
this sounds like something that happened to a patrol i worked on a couple of years ago...... the memory cards for the sat nav unit tend to pop out (dont ask me how) thats where i'd be looking at first. they dont seem to do it in the newer trols, must have moved the ncu.......

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

Is it supposed to have a card in each slot. Mine only has a card in the slot on the left when looking at the front, nothing in the right one.

Ken

·
Registered
443 Posts
Only one slot, just check like gqdavee said and see if it popped out first. Push it in until it clicks in and then turn the key onto the accessories and see if it all comes up ok.You might have also taken the card out and put it in the wrong slot by mistake.

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi

Card was in ok. Tried booting with card in other slot, on boot asked me to select language, selected english and i no longer have error message. Put card back in original slot and boots up without error now. I'll use it tomorrow and see it i've upset anything else. Maybe have to use other slot for setup, shame theres so little info on them. Thanks for the help, i'll post tomorrow re good or bad

Ta

Ken

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi

Yep seems to work fine now, maybe bios remembered last load and wanted a particular slot to get the language. Yep i have that manual but there is nothing regarding slots etc and eg how to set the standby date and time which i got from this forum.

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Hiya Ken,

Sorry been away for a while with SES commitments. Glad to see lots of replies and you got it sorted

Couple of tips...

1. Make an electronic backup of your SD card on your PC
2. There are newer map releases out which you can purchase from Sensis for about $250 OR you can google and find in the torrent sites for free if you are into that sort of thing.
3. If you buy a Sensis card it includes all the proggy incl the VDO software not just the map. If you go the torrent sites it is usually just the latest maps
4. The "Release" numbers are slightly different to the Sensis release (I think they are 1 behind but not sure) IE the 5200 VDO card release 15 is actually Whereis map release 16. Anyway the SD card Release 13 is late 2006, 15 is late 2008.

Release 16 is the current VDO Dayton SD Card which aligns with Whereis Release 17.

Bottom line is that if your software craps itself you can just reload your SD from your PC and get going again or buy a new Sensis VDO 5200 Map Release SD card or third option get a copy from someone else as the SD cards are not specific to each Unit. I actually carry a spare loaded SD in the vehicle as a backup.

I loaded the R15 maps straight over the top of my R13 Card and they work fine IE has the Forrest Freeway etc but R16 is a bit trickier

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi

Was probably bit hasty bagging the instructions, the PDF download does say refer to supplied DVD for more detailed info. I didnt get a DVD with the vehicle, does anyone know where i can get one. Is it Nissan, Sensis, VDODayton. So far tried emailing from Dayton website but have all bounced back with non-exist email addresses

Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts