Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUst had my 2012 Gu serviced at Nissan, 60000km. When i went to pick it up the bloke said i should at the next service get my injectors cleaned. I said how much will that cost he said they use some stuff they plug into the injector line and with the engine running they pump this crap through it for 40 minutes he said and it would cost $250.
Has anyone heard of this method or had it done to their Patrol?
I'm used to my old hilux where at every 100,000km take it to a diesel injector place and get them taken out and serviced.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
hmmm, never heard of this before but it sounds similar to what you can do yourself for 30 odd bucks with this stuff---->DIY DIESEL INJECTOR SERVICE

good old Ni$$an eh?

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
We used a similar system on petrol engines years ago. Not in the game anymore so not sure if it's still used.
You had an adaptor an aerosol can screwed onto and then it was plumbed inline with the fuel line just before the injectors.
Not as good as an off vehicle, but because it was so concentrated it helped fix issues regular cleaner would not, so yeah I suppose it worked to an extent. Never heard of a diesel equivalent though.
I prefer car off servicing personally as it Cannot fix wear and tear.

Rob

·
Registered
nissan
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If its the same stuff $30ish compared to $250, friggen rip off merchants. As my patrol is running flawlessly i will not be getting it done. Then i said to the bloke, "it would not do as good a job as pulling the injector out and replacing the nozzle needle and what ever else they replace" like i used to have done on my hilux's. His reply was, " because these type of injectors are more complex than my old hilux ones were, they don't pull them out to clean, they'll only take them out if they need replacing" And with that i said ill see you later.
Its the same as Toyota have been asking me every time i take my corolla in for a service"do i want an engine oil flush" I keep saying no. It has only 70k on the speedo"
My way of thinking is if its not written in the service manual as a job to be done at so and so km's then it doesn't need to be done. In regards to nissan's injector clean, if i was getting terrible fuel economy out of it i might consider buying a can of that liquid moly stuff and having a go myself,or if they charged around the $125-150, an hours labour for a mechanic to do it i might have them do it, but not $250.

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
Doubt they plug anything inline as if you undo anything on a common rail system it then needs to be replaced.

More like they chuck a $30 bottle of F10 Fuel treatment into the tank and charge $250.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Yeh I would probably give it a miss too.

I've had very very little to do with Nissan and I like it like that, Kinda reminds me of when I go to vote, and those guys smash ya in the face with the "vote for me" paperwork. I smile, walk past and throw that junk over my shoulder quicker than I pulled my wifes panties down on my wedding night.:)

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Yeh I would probably give it a miss too.

I've had very very little to do with Nissan and I like it like that, Kinda reminds me of when I go to vote, and those guys smash ya in the face with the "vote for me" paperwork. I smile, walk past and throw that junk over my shoulder quicker than I pulled my wifes panties down on my wedding night.:)
Video or it didnt happen...

Nissan workshops are only (sometimes) useful for supplying parts. Their workshops are maybe a tad better than most other mechanics though.. at least nissan wont recommend a td42 conversion when you just need your windscreen wiper blades replaced...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Havent you seen Sextape the movie? its all there :)

ditto, when I go to Ni$$an Warrawong to buy in bulk filters, ol Lindsay in the parts department sees he's having a bad day instantly, puts his head down and shakes his head whilst undoing his belt.

I have no time for them, other than what I want and it gets cheaper everytime.

·
Registered
nissan patrol ti v
119 Posts
I've had this done twice. Once at 95,000 as I ended up with a tank full of petrol and the all the lines/injectors etc had to be flushed/cleaned. Second at 190,000 as I thought the original clean went well and wanted to service the injectors up again. Not sure exactly what was/is done other than a line and injector clean but the engine is running smooth and getting excellent fuel economy (11-12L/100km). Maybe I am getting ripped a bit (nissan service are good at that) but the results and piece of mind have worked for me. It seems we are all guessing as to what is really done in the service, I could feel the difference drving out of the dealer - much more responsive and smoother - and no not because my wallet was lighter.
Cheers,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts