Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm totally new to this forum.. just signed up to share my experience of owning a nissan patrol.
So the story is that i bought a 2003 nissan patrol (tb48 swapped) last year .. the car was in almost perfect condition and served me well in the past 12 months .. But recently I started to lean toward the newer models look .. had an idea to sell mine and buy a new one, but after awhile i started to convince myself with the crazy idea of going for the conversion (since I don't want to deal with the hassle of selling/buying.. Plus: I was happy with my car's condition and didn't want to end up with a bad car)

So first is first. here is what my nissan patrol looked like (before the conversion):

So the car goes to the workshop for the conversion + a new black painting (I changed my mind at some point and decided to go with gray flares and bumpers)

Here we go:
bought a new pair of front fenders + a vented hood + new front end frame
--Front fender fitment + taillight fitment (had to cut/weld a part of the frame to fit the taillights):

-- old paint removal + new front end frame installation (welded):

-- Black painting the car (first layer of paint) + fitment of rear flares:

here's what it looked like (after painting) with black headlights + taillights (super safari) + smoke-chrome grille:

At this point, I decided to change the color of the fenders+bumpers, they looked more silver than gray ... I wanted them to be a bit darker ... so flares and bumpers were repainted once again.
this is how it looked like after re-painting and the spare-tire cover is on (with all the emblems and badges):

At this point, the exterior conversion is concluded. The work on the car was pretty satisfying. Some fitment issues are still there, But i can say they're slim to none. (the hook hole was deleted afterwards)
Next, I bought 20 inches Rays rims with new tires:

So, I can say I was pretty satisfied with the way the car looked. My plan is not to stop there. the side body stickers are to be installed (super-safari red stickers) + lowering kit

Wondering what was the cost of the conversion?? I didn't forget to mention that. here's a list with all the pats i bought for the conversion:

front fenders (new/oem): 272 USD
vented hood (used/oem): 190 USD
front bumper (new/copy): 51 USD
rear bumper (new/copy): 54 USD
black super-safari headlight (new/copy): 98 USD
black super-safari taillights (new/copy): 68 USD
trunk door panel (new/oem) : 190 USD
smoke-chrome grille (new/copy): 95 USD
4 flares front+rear (new/copy): 204 USD
spoiler kit (new/copy): 95 USD
front+back bumper frames + front end frame (new/oem): 422 USD
wipers' frame (new/oem): 54 USD
windshield+windows rubber seals (new/oem): 374 USD
mud flaps (new/oem): 185 USD
side steps (new/oem): 408 USD

parts total cost: ~ 2730 USD
workshop (conversion+painting) cost: 1635 USD
So, Exterior Conversion cost: ~ 4365 USD

I bought a NISMO front bumper. here's a teaser picture (sent to me since I had no time to pass by the workshop to see it myself):

the NISMO bumper costed me 190 USD + painting 135 USD = 325 USD

The car is now at the workshop for interior conversion. will keep you guys updated when it's done.
I may not be available in the forum in a daily basis. So feel free to contact me thru my instagram account (@f16.uae)

++Wanted to post more photos with more of the work steps, but there's a limit, sorry if it's not that detailed++

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,272 Posts
Looks great my friend, we love those GU shorties, extremely rare here.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,837 Posts
Loos really good and like @geeyoutoo I love a shorty. I wish I could get my hands on one.

But... For the life of me I cannot comprehend why someone living in the UAE would want a black car. It must be hell getting in it if it's been parked outside for more than 5 mins. ;)

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,272 Posts
Loos really good and like @geeyoutoo I love a shorty. I wish I could get my hands on one.

But... For the life of me I cannot comprehend why someone living in the UAE would want a black car. It must be hell getting in it if it's been parked outside for more than 5 mins. ;)
I would almost sell my soul for a GU shorty, hang on, I would.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great my friend, we love those GU shorties, extremely rare here.
Thanks for the comment. I like the funny way they turn (feels like mini Cooper or something) 😂

Thanks .. You're right, owning a black car is a pain in the *ss here, plus: It needs a wash every 15 minutes ... But think positively, I can use it as a griller during the summer season 😆😅

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,272 Posts
Never driven a shorty but I can imagine it would feel different, not having the turning circle of the queen mary.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
There's been a few that have done this conversion but I haven't seen too many, if any, done this neatly. Let alone on a shorty. Any plans to do the inside too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's been a few that have done this conversion but I haven't seen too many, if any, done this neatly. Let alone on a shorty. Any plans to do the inside too.
Before the conversion:

after the conversion:

Interior conversion still in progress.
Here’s the cost list for the interior:

- interior parts (dashboard+steering wheel+seats+door panels) (used/oem): 950 USD

- Gauge panel + gauge frame (used/oem) 150 USD

- AC switches panel (used/oem): 70 USD
-AC Evaporator (used/oem): 100 USD

surprisingly, the dashboard harness is same. So, i used my old harness.

interior parts total: 1270 USD

Installation is still in progress, so I can’t provide the labor cost yet. Plus: i decided to not buy any interior part for the rear half of the car (only front parts were changed), so i will need to paint the rear panels.

Will keep u guys updated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice work dude, im planning the same(dash board) . How about fitings, screw locations,are they the same as old meaning is just removing old and installing new and screw it or you need modification?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts