Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
261 - 273 of 273 Posts

· Registered
319 Posts
I log every tank in mine as well. Iv kinda worked out if I'm doing 110k highway driving ill get around 14l per 100 around town cruising ill get around 12l per 100 however I filled up Sunday after quite a big 4wd mission friday with alot of hard driving on mega soft sand and it recorded 16l. I run a fuel dr treatment every 6 months or so as well but that's mainly to help keep the fuel system healthy with 0 proof to any benefits

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
I log every tank in mine as well. Iv kinda worked out if I'm doing 110k highway driving ill get around 14l per 100 around town cruising ill get around 12l per 100 however I filled up Sunday after quite a big 4wd mission friday with alot of hard driving on mega soft sand and it recorded 16l. I run a fuel dr treatment every 6 months or so as well but that's mainly to help keep the fuel system healthy with 0 proof to any benefits
Thats crazy that I get better fuel eco going 100 than going around town, compared to your figures. Maybe I have too aggressive of a spool rate haha

· Registered
319 Posts
At 110 mine drinks alot more than at 100 but I find putting around town I get better economy again. I put it down to at 110 it's revving at 2600/2700 consistently being a manual. Don't think 21psi of boost helps my economy

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
At 110 mine drinks alot more than at 100 but I find putting around town I get better economy again. I put it down to at 110 it's revving at 2600/2700 consistently being a manual. Don't think 21psi of boost helps my economy
Yeah that makes sense, mines an auto so will always use more. I have mine set to 17 psi max with a tillix in to which I have set the needle two turns out from being wound all the way in (giving the fastest spool possible) but I am thinking of moving it out another 2 which will have it close to where the actuator arm drops on the turbo to give better fuel eco, though this gives noticeable power loss.

· Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
57,026 Posts
Thats crazy that I get better fuel eco going 100 than going around town, compared to your figures. Maybe I have too aggressive of a spool rate haha
That is how it usually works out if your just cruising highways at the speed limit, whereas in suburbia your constantly on and off the throttle making the engine thirstier. I can get into high 10's on a long trip cruising and low 12's around town.
I cruise at 102-3kph on both 100k and 110k zones for consistancy on long trips, of which I do many.
BTW, the CRD has always been a touch thirstier than the old DI.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
That is how it usually works out if your just cruising highways at the speed limit, whereas in suburbia your constantly on and off the throttle making the engine thirstier. I can get into high 10's on a long trip cruising and low 12's around town.
I cruise at 102-3kph on both 100k and 110k zones for consistancy on long trips, of which I do many.
BTW, the CRD has always been a touch thirstier than the old DI.
Damn those DI's... my best consumption doesnt even match your worst! I think I will play with tyre PSI & spoolrate a bit to see if I can get down to 13 around town consistently, & re add some fuel doctor to each tank of fuel. I do wonder if my iDrive throttle controller would be affecting the consumption much but previously my tanks did not differ much with it unplugged vs in use on a low level of power.

· Registered
2010 GU VI WGN AUTO
153 Posts
I had 16L/100km and reduced that by never speeding, doing max speed 100km and not jumping the cue at the lights on the left hand lane that ends and cruising up to the speed limit the cruise control now my usage is 12.5L/100km - 13.5.

· Registered
319 Posts
I enjoy driving too much to worry about economy I just monitor it for inconsistencies. The idrive has an economy mode maybe try that to see if it improves? I can't bear to put mine on it frustrates me how slow my car feels on economy haha mine stays off 99% of the time they are a pain in the backside in a manual

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
I had 16L/100km and reduced that by never speeding, doing max speed 100km and not jumping the cue at the lights on the left hand lane that ends and cruising up to the speed limit the cruise control now my usage is 12.5L/100km - 13.5.
I reckon I need to follow suit, since getting the car fixed & a 3" on I have been enjoying the power & rumble getting up to speed a bit too much..
I enjoy driving too much to worry about economy I just monitor it for inconsistencies. The idrive has an economy mode maybe try that to see if it improves? I can't bear to put mine on it frustrates me how slow my car feels on economy haha mine stays off 99% of the time they are a pain in the backside in a manual
I am with you on that.. economy mode SUCKS so I have it on ultimate mode 3 but it jumps so much at the pedal taking off & especially when turning from a stop. I might just disconnect it all together at this point

· Registered
2012 CRD ZD30 Auto Wgn.
110 Posts
Yeah that makes sense, mines an auto so will always use more. I have mine set to 17 psi max with a tillix in to which I have set the needle two turns out from being wound all the way in (giving the fastest spool possible) but I am thinking of moving it out another 2 which will have it close to where the actuator arm drops on the turbo to give better fuel eco, though this gives noticeable power loss.
I had my Tillix set to max spool up (completely closed, locked off) and it went like a cut snake! I opened it up 2 full turns & some economy has returned, around 14.5-15l/100km around town. Better on long drives. I’m running 33’s on steel rims amongst other mods & it’s auto so can’t ask too much of her. Plus, like @mark089 its too painful any slower around town. Take off is noticeably slower but like many have said you need to find what “you enjoy driving with vs economy”.

my Throttle controller is back to standard throttle ( 2 lines) I found with max spool up rate & ultimate 2 it kept hitting limp P0234 overboost.Tillix at 17psi is good in combo with the other settings.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
I had my Tillix set to max spool up (completely closed, locked off) and it went like a cut snake! I opened it up 2 full turns & some economy has returned, around 14.5-15l/100km around town. Better on long drives. I’m running 33’s on steel rims amongst other mods & it’s auto so can’t ask too much of her. Plus, like @mark089 its too painful any slower around town. Take off is noticeably slower but like many have said you need to find what “you enjoy driving with vs economy”.

my Throttle controller is back to standard throttle ( 2 lines) I found with max spool up rate & ultimate 2 it kept hitting limp P0234 overboost.Tillix at 17psi is good in combo with the other settings.
See I had it max for a few days then 2 turns out just doing driving around town at 17 psi & my fuel usage was at 17.5L per 100km no joke! I immediately turned the spool waaay back down but may increase the spool to only 2.5 turns out as I wouldnt mind a little more oomph

261 - 273 of 273 Posts