Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 3l sve
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here and probably there have been many threads here regarding the following questions - happy to be pointed in right direction! Our Nissan Patrol blew the engine whilst towing a very heavy horse box up a steep hill. The passenger floor got very hot and the engine started to rattle violently before blowing. Our local Nissan expert has offered to put a recon engine in and we are currently sourcing that. Someone mentioned that there is also a chip and other adjustments that can be made to stop the engine overheating during towing without loss of power - apparently used a great deal in hot countries. We are in Wales, UK and they are not readily come across in this country. Can anyone suggest what we need and where to get it from, sorry I am female and not particularly good with engines....I can then order the parts and hand them to the mechanics! Many thanks indeed.:)

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Gday Jo!

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear your problem. My Patrol also blew it's motor when towing horses around. It's not very convenient when you have to organise a everything to be picked up off the side of the road.

Have a look in this section, there is lots of info about the ZD30 motor and what you can do for it. ZD30 DI Engine 3 Litre - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts