Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Give it a bit more time dude before putting your endorsement on aftermarket engine mounts. It's been shown on here time and time again they do.not last anywhere near as well as the genuine ones.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Give it a bit more time dude before putting your endorsement on aftermarket engine mounts. It's been shown on here time and time again they do.not last anywhere near as well as the genuine ones.
Sorry I thought a few months was long enough. I can remove the post if you believe it is too early.

Registered
Sorry I thought a few months was long enough. I can remove the post if you believe it is too early.
No didn't really mean that but just keep an eye on them. If I recall several different people have tried them, in one brand or another, and most have been lucky to get 12 months out of them. Especially the passenger side which cops most of the torque twist.

The common tested consensus is factory bushes and factory engine/gearbox mounts. Unless you have a ton of power and need the fabricated mounts.

Unless have completely stock power and only drive on bitumen very gently, history is not on your side.

Registered
nissan
Didn't last a month in mine, on the drivers side that is. I have a race bred unbreakable on the passenger side though.

Replaced the the drivers side with OEM again. Can't cheap out on engine mounts in my opinion

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your responses. Guess I will just see how I go with my luck. I will keep this thread updated.

Registered
nissan patrol
I went the superior engineering engine mounts on both sides.
Do create bit more vibration at lower idle.
But have been well tested on bigger Killerwasp engines and not too bad price wise.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts