Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I bought a Nissan Patrol Super Safari 4.8 VTC automatic in Dubai in 2019. Since the beginning I noted a lack of power to the wheels in the desert. I am doing everything right in terms of use. Tip tronic, traction control off, tyre pressure down etc. When I floor the gas pedal the wheels will not spin, no matter how soft is the sand. What is even worse is that when I attempt to climb a dune, not even a particularly steep one, the car does not have the power to climb. It stop after a few meters up. Once stopped the wheels do not move anymore even when floor the gas pedal and the engine does not go above 2000 rpm. I am completely stuck. I have been very frustrated by Nissan Dubai which denies the evidence of the problem. They say it is normal. It is not, obviously. That car is useless and dangerous in the desert. Any advise please? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
102 Posts
what size wheels are you running? there was a thread here not too long ago, a guy had similar issue, turned out he was running too large of a wheel diameter, and his transmission, which was also auto, wasn't able to transfer that much torque to spin those monster wheels. i'll look up the thread in a bit and post a link.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what size wheels are you running? there was a thread here not too long ago, a guy had similar issue, turned out he was running too large of a wheel diameter, and his transmission, which was also auto, wasn't able to transfer that much torque to spin those monster wheels. i'll look up the thread in a bit and post a link.
Thanks for your reply Poddy. The wheels are compatible with the specs of the car. It must be something else.

·
Registered
Nissan LWB Y61 2016 Dynotune 2” Radflo 4+
96 Posts
Thanks for your reply Poddy. The wheels are compatible with the specs of the car. It must be something else.
Are you driving in D? What gear are you using - 4H?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not driving D. I use tiptronic gear. Normally 4H in sand, as it is the norm in the desert. Occasionally 4L when needed.

·
Registered
Nissan LWB Y61 2016 Dynotune 2” Radflo 4+
96 Posts
We can do a test drive sometime to see how our Patrols compare? I take it you bought it new so no modifications done like Air Intake or ECU tunes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts