Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This year I became a proud owner of Nissan patrol y61 4800 engine with automatic gearbox. So far this car being a blast !!!

The only problem I bough a very basic model here in Dubai without cruise control... although it has power windows, sun roof which is nice.

unfortunately here in Middle East, not sure for the rest of the world... Throttle body been changed to fully electronic and I really want to install cruise control as I drive long hauls on a straight road.

I managed to open a steering control and all the harness is there, plugged a cruise control buttons but didn’t work. ( although it works on most Toyotas)

Does anyone can help me with that? Or at least guide to right direction? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sorry Mate, I'm just about to fit an aftermarket AP500 to a Y60 TD42 manual. Didn't know that Y61 4800 had gone electronic.... commiserations.... Only thing I can think, if it is now electronic is the ECU may need updating to confirm it does now have the cruise option. But that's way over my pay grade.... Don't know whether it is as simple as turning on that option, or the ECU ROM needs updating/upgrading.

·
Registered
Nissan LWB Y61 2016 Dynotune 2” Radflo 4+
15 Posts
What year is your Y61 ( or is it a GL model)? Bring it to Saluki garage in Al Quoz I would say.

·
Registered
6 Posts
recently leased a 2018 Nissan Murano with adaptive cruise control( about 3 months now with 3000 miles on it). During normal driving, the frontal crash radar would just stop working for no reason. When this happens, I will get an alert and I won't be able to use the cruise control at all. This is getting unbearable because the frequency of this happening raised from once during my 40 miles commute to almost 3 times every time I drive this car!

snaptube vidmate word to pdf

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,191 Posts
recently leased a 2018 Nissan Murano with adaptive cruise control( about 3 months now with 3000 miles on it). During normal driving, the frontal crash radar would just stop working for no reason. When this happens, I will get an alert and I won't be able to use the cruise control at all. This is getting unbearable because the frequency of this happening raised from once during my 40 miles commute to almost 3 times every time I drive this car!
I had the exact same problem with an R52 Pathfinder I drove for a while. Both of these (Murano & Pathfinder) are designed and built in the US, so they most likely share radar components. At least with T32 X-Trail you can swith the adaptive cruise off and still have "normal" cruise, but in Pathfinder it's all or nothing which is a real PITA when the system decides to do a dummy spit.

I've driven a fair few Nissans and Infiniti's with Adaptive Cruise and they're all a bit iffy IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts