Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a nissan patrol 1998 model . it was used till 2007 and after that it was stopped in garage for no reason . i bought this car a week ago . i bought it for my self . im currently 18 .

it got 2 fuel gauge . the main fuel gauge doesnt work and the sub fuel gauge works . i fueled both tanks full . both were empty . but the main fuel gauge didnt work .

but the sub fuel tank is not working . their is a switch which i press but still no light on the switch . and there a light (sub fuel) near the car speed meter which never turns off .
i have been using the car for 2 days with ac on . about 115 km. the main is not working and the sub tank is still full . the switch doesnt show light after pressing it . but as i start my car i hear some small sound near the tank for some secs . when the sub tank was empty the sound was little high but now its little more less sound cause i refilled it . i dont know how much fuel in main tank but i know i refilled the sub tank 30 litres

what is wrong ? sub fuel pump , tank , switch or something alse ?

or maybe i dont know how does that work :(

·
Registered
352 Posts
I suggest that you fix whatever is causing your main tank gauge not to work. The subtank module 'reads the position of the senders in the tanks, and if the main tank level is above 7/8ths full, it won't transfer. Try resetting the module by disconnecting the battery/batteries for about 10 mins, then reconnecting. I suspect any operation of the system to be temporary, if at all.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
Nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i disconnected the battery for 10 mins and the (sub fuel) light was finally off and the button was working for a minute . after that the light reappeared and the switch stopped working . and no fuel is transffering . the car main tank is even empty

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol y61 2001 4.2TD
55 Posts
For the fuel Gauge, Check your fuses !.

If still not working, then you may have to take out the float in the main tank.
This is accessed by lifting up the rear carpet, and you will find a recessed, removable plate.
There is a wire connector that delivers power to the sender unit. Inspect that for broken wires ect. Test it if you have a multimeter. it's rear that they malfunction

From there you need to remove the fuel tank inspection plate, carefully.
Be carefull with the rubber seal, as it needs to be relocated when putting back.
Take out the float, and inspect it for damage, or a broken wire.

The Sub tank will not pump ,Light On, tilll your fuel in the main tank is approx 3/4 full.
Sub Tank is just 32 lts

Welcome to the world of 4X4's

Cheers
BUcky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts