Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellows, i was checking on the cost of aftermarket springs and shocks (OME, Bilstein etc) and comparing them to Nissan's cost and I know that most people in the site seem to go aftermarket, but the price difference is shocking. Nissan's price is almost double the aftermarket price. Anyone ever found this? Even a Milner's Online in England, which sells parts to manufacturer's spec (no lift) seems to sell this item at a much lower cost than Nissan,

·
Registered
nissan
56 Posts
lol they are always such a difference, i was chasing a CV for my missus's focus. aftermarket was about 250 and ford wanted 850.. its a laugh....

·
Registered
Nissan
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could hardly believe the prices. I was on here asking some time ago if the prices were per shock/spring or per pair. Even then it was still a bit less.

·
Registered
Nissan
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What makes it worse, is that with suspension the aftermarket seems to be make them better. I find the stock suspension to be quite fine, but the rear has sagged and if i can get a small lift (2") for a lower price, then why not.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Im betting nissan have never sold a set of stock springs/shocks since the patrol was introduced 4000 years ago.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
When the early GQ's arrived in Australia they were already sagged. A supplier of mine made a killing selling heaps of coils to Nissan dealerships. I assume they have made some improvements since then.

·
Registered
Nissan
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When the early GQ's arrived in Australia they were already sagged. A supplier of mine made a killing selling heaps of coils to Nissan dealerships. I assume they have made some improvements since then.
It seems that Nissan have had the problem with weak springs for a long time, as i had read on another site that even the mq/mk springs sagged fairly easrly.

·
Registered
Nissan
797 Posts
Aftermarket springs and shocks are one thing, but when buying bushings, best to stick to Genuine Nissan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts