Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, just bought a factory Nissan Steel Winch bar which says only install Warn XD9000 winch.

Has anyone else fitted other winch types ? ie standard chinese 9000lbs

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
I haven't personally. But I'm pretty certain that most winches are compatable for that bar. If not just ask your Local 4x4 outlet. TJM, ARB etc

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
Mate, please use the search function, this was only asked in the last few days for the millionth time.

And yes, you can fit other winches that have the same bolt pattern as the Warn ie. 99% of electric winches.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
Oh and standard bars mount the winch between the chassis rails rather than on top so your limited to The Warn 9,000lb, Tigerz11 12,000lb single speed and other 9,000lb chineses

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
Mate, please use the search function, this was only asked in the last few days for the millionth time.

Though this is a pretty common question. Some people can just be noob and not find it. Or cbf reading through the threads.

Cheers

Deccers

·
Registered
nissan
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I'm not a noob and CBF searching, Have done so much searching recently over it !!

So thanks for your repies. Was more of a issue as on my previous ARB bar I just sold on my 2003 GU it does appear alot different then the Factory Nissan Bar.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i chucked a 9500lb mako winch in my genuine steel bar no probs, just need to make a simple v bracket mount for the control box.

·
Registered
nissan
253 Posts
Don't go a warn 9500xp (with 6hp motor) Too much stuffing around to fit.:headwall:

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
No I'm not a noob and CBF searching, Have done so much searching recently over it !!

So thanks for your repies. Was more of a issue as on my previous ARB bar I just sold on my 2003 GU it does appear alot different then the Factory Nissan Bar.
Mmmm, repies. Yum:)

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
The standard bar is actualy made by ARB & most winch's of 9,000lb are compadible as long as the motor isn't some redicously size.....I work at an ARB fitment place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts