Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday all

My brother inlaw and i were wheeling down in an unused quarry behind his joint, and some how i have torn me number plate off :mad: I dont even now when i done it or where it would be, for all i no it could be floating down the river we crossed. Any 1 else had to replace number plates before??

Cheers Sam

·
Registered
nissan
645 Posts
Seen a few 4wd video's of water crossings where the bullbar mounted number plate bends up, even loosing it once. If the water is deeper than the flat front of a bullbar, when entering the water there is an uprush of water that bends the plate. I would check where you did some water crossings and look around the entry points.

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seen a few 4wd video's of water crossings where the bullbar mounted number plate bends up, even loosing it once. If the water is deeper than the flat front of a bullbar, when entering the water there is an uprush of water that bends the plate. I would check where you did some water crossings and look around the entry points.
Cheers mate thats where i thort i would be, will be abit hard to find but the water isnt real clear lol

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
In WA you just contact the DPI/traffic authority and tell 'em you lost a plate. They charge you about $30, and send you a new set.

Bloke I bought my shorty off got some shiny new plates for her by telling them they'd been pinched. The number was different from the previous ones, but they're clean and undented! :D

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

I lost both of mine tonight and I wasnt even driving it !

Regards B M
Some bastard thinks they own em more than you do eh?

Cant leave any of our cars out on the front lawn here either get **** thrown through the windows or sumthing goes missing.

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
great way to stop people flogging them.

attach using double sided tape..that stuff which sets rock hard.

My rear numberplate ain't coming off without being destroyed haha

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

I will be using screws that are hard to undo next time. This was the work ute. Most likely taken for a fuel drive off. That is the reason you change your number, it will stop the Cops coming around asking questions. ( they need some help, most would be outsmarted by a cardboard box )

Regards B M

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
Hi Cowboy. Was up in Rubyvale september and had just put our camry rental through a deep ford (1/2 way up doors) when met a hi-lux and a cherokee coming the other way - both had lost their front plates! The hi-lux 4x4 had even needed to be towed out. (I think he may have charged the ford and wet his electrics) Starting slow and pushing up a bow wave did the trick - gotta love rentals. Cheers, Derb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts