Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has had the same issues with their patrol.last night I was going for a drive and all of a sudden car died it blew the 20 amp engine cont fuse replaced fuse and run fine untill accelerator was applied .with the button behind the accelerator taped up I managed to drive home but with intermittent accelerator .car shut down turn key off and started again idles fine but no accelerator WTF. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I'm not to flash with electrics:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu2
75 Posts
Hi have you checked for air leaks around intercooler hoses? Air leaks will cause what your experiencing no power under acceleration! Cheers

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh all the pipe work is fine think it might be electrical though ,wen I put my foot down there's nothing Pump accelerator still nothing and all of a sudden the revs kick in

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh kiwipatrol I replaced it with another 20 amp fuse and it blew 3times but I taped the accelerator button up and that stopped the fuses blowing till I got home.in the end I was in 3rd gear idling home because I live in the sticks no tow trucks for at least 600 Kim's

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Under the bonnet it's a 20amp fuse engine cont. Next to 10 amp engine cont and 3 15 amp fuses for head lights and fog lights

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so ive managed to rid myself of this problem and all i have done was disconect all electric fittings
and clean with contact cleaner.maybe it was my lucky day idk

·
Registered
nissan
114 Posts
HI Mate.

I had exact;ly this thing happen to my Patrol. Was very intermittent. Ended up being a short from my power chip wire (had worn through and would occasionally touch engine and short). Once i go tthat sorted....all good. Sometimes id replace the fuse and be able to drive away straight away and other times not...obviously the wire was still shorting on some occasions.

Hope this helps.

Boley

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a similar problem on my patrol grx 2006 (gasoline). Some times it would stop accelerating and the check engine light appears and the car simply looses acceleration and power it will react like it was chocked. If you turn off and on the car the malfunction disappears and it would be ok for a couple of hours or days until it strikes again.

the scan says that is an error with the throttle body but already checked and switched with another patrol and the problem persist on my car.

does anyone have any idea of what it could be?

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts
Hi, I have a similar problem on my patrol grx 2006 (gasoline). Some times it would stop accelerating and the check engine light appears and the car simply looses acceleration and power it will react like it was chocked. If you turn off and on the car the malfunction disappears and it would be ok for a couple of hours or days until it strikes again.

the scan says that is an error with the throttle body but already checked and switched with another patrol and the problem persist on my car.

does anyone have any idea of what it could be?
Please explain the gasoline reference? In case that was simply a mistake, are your sure you only have one fault code in the ECU, I would recheck because this sounds like limp mode, I would also check voltage to TPS, if you give us a full description I can give this post its own thread, this is quite an old one..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, when I reffer to gasoline is that it does not run on diesel.

There is only one fault on the ECU it would show only when the check engine light and the failure are presenting. If the failure isnt presenting it would not show any failure on the ECU.

The voltage on the TPS is ok is under it regular voltage.

What do you mean with limp mode?

Really appreciate your help

·
Registered
NISSAN PATROL Y61 3.0 Di (ZD30) 09/2000
205 Posts
Limp mode means that the ECU is reducing the injection as it considers there is a fault ( or inconsistency ) with the sensors it controls.

Two major sources :

1/ MAP pressure sensor if you exceed the max 'authorized' boost which is around 18psi, for more than a couple of seconds, This means you might have too much boost, with a VNT limiting screw badly adjusted ( or rod length if anybody touched it)

2/ the MAF sensor, if it exceeds some voltages below some thresholds ( 3.55V below 2000RPM, 3.88V below 2500RPM, 3.98V below 3000RPM, and 4.20V below 3500 RPM.

If modifications have been made to your Patrol, ( EGR blocked, exhaust...) this happens all the time.
Cure is
a) to screw a little bit the VNT limiting screw ( see docs in archive), or
b) to add one or several schottky diodes in serie with the MAF signal. Easiest is at the ECU imput, or
c) a remap

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts
Hi, when I reffer to gasoline is that it does not run on diesel.

There is only one fault on the ECU it would show only when the check engine light and the failure are presenting. If the failure isnt presenting it would not show any failure on the ECU.

The voltage on the TPS is ok is under it regular voltage.

What do you mean with limp mode?

Really appreciate your help
Now I'm more confused, what engine do you have if it does not run on diesel, the post is in the ZD30 section (3L diesel), are we talking about a 4.8 petrol here?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts