Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day legends.
New to the group, thanks for the welcome.
I've just bought a 2001 ZD30 TDI wagon.
It's got a few problems with it, but first I'd like to fix the turbo boost. It's got no guts. It's had the injector pump and injectors replaced. But it's still gutless. What's everyone's input please. Cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same model and my loom to the left hand headlight was giving me problems. At the auto electrician he bypassed part of loom and I spoke to him about the power problem and he checked the accelerator sensor which he found was intermittent. Not sure if this will help as many others on this forum know more than me.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,850 Posts
Check for codes in the ECU, TPS can be intermittently problematic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am not very young so it was a problem for me. Under the steering wheel near the accelerator there will be 2 plugs. Have to lie on your back and squeeze them in. MAF spray them to ensure good contact and if that doesn't work then it may be the sensor itself. Auto electrician can check this. I believe I have sourced the only new Nissan sensor left in Australia (2001). About $150 but if it gives the old girl the power I need then I am happy. She has handled most of NT and Northern WA towing a camper and now a salt water boat launcher in Victoria (near Phillip Island). I have been told by children etc etc to buy a new car but I know the idiosyncrasies so well I cannot part with this car.

·
Registered
NISSAN PATROL Y61 3.0 Di (ZD30) 09/2000
1,569 Posts
If your Patrol has no guts, the most common faults are
1/ MAF sensor
2/ Cracked vacuum hoses.
check that, when motor off, rod is fully out of the actuator (some wrongly call "wastegate")
when motor on in idle mode, same rod is fully up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers mate, I'll have a look tomorrow.
If your Patrol has no guts, the most common faults are
1/ MAF sensor
2/ Cracked vacuum hoses.
check that, when motor off, rod is fully out of the actuator (some wrongly call "wastegate")
when motor on in idle mode, same rod is fully up.
Checked and replaced all intercooler piping, checked all vacuum hoses, actuator is working properly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All fixed. Thanks for the awesome info guys. It was the Maf sensor and the EGR Valve sensor. Bought a new Maf sensor and removed the EGR valve body and pulled it all apart and cleaned Everything and put anti sieze on the springed shafts. Thanks to Nissan Patrol Parts at Beenleigh for been able to read the faults and supply the parts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok it's not fixed. The bloody engine light came back on this morning. The EGR valve again. So what is the best way to fix this problem. What had everyone else done to your EGR valve.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,850 Posts
Ok it's not fixed. The bloody engine light came back on this morning. The EGR valve again. So what is the best way to fix this problem. What had everyone else done to your EGR valve.
Mines a 2000, if I disconnect the EGR the engine light comes on but nothing else happens, my EGR is blocked but still connected electrically, I couldn't be bothered doing the resister thing to have it disconnected and no MIL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.