Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

Before saying anything, I have checked every fuse, the battery is in good working condition, I get continuity from the battery to the fuse box. There is defiantly power.

For some backstory, I flicked the key to the ON position and everything shut off. Dash, lights, radio, everything. Flicked the key back to off then back to ACC, still nothing, absolutely no power. What makes it so confusing is that after leaving the key in the ACC position, then fiddled around in the engine room fuse box, it randomly came back to life, but switching back to ON killed everything again. After closing it all up and coming back roughly an hour later, the security dash light, which was off before, is faintly flashing, but a lot more rapidly than usual. I put the key in and killed the security light. Still no power to anything. Looking at the diagram, there is nothing glaringly obvious and I ran out of sunlight to continue checking.

Curious to know if anyones had an issue with turning the key to the ON position and everything ****ting itself intermittently, with little random things starting to recieve (weak) power after some time.

Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Slope

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,092 Posts
I would think it might be an issue with the immobiliser? Or a connection on the fuse box you were touching before everything came back on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would think it might be an issue with the immobiliser? Or a connection on the fuse box you were touching before everything came back on?
It could be the immobiliser. The security light is constantly flashing now and a small clicking can be heard near the passenger side airbag each time the light flashes. Nothing in the manual says anything about a constantly flashing light.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
161 Posts
I had the same problem on a 2002 GU cab chassis turn on ignition to start then no go, turned out the cable from battery to fuse box had faulty lug connections replaced cable and terminals hasn't played up again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts