Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy peeps,

So a month ago I was up for another drum of Delo, but the boss man had a chit load of Gulf Western Top Dog at work and said I could grab enough to do a service as he owed me for some fuel I put in the rig...anyways its been in the ol girl for 2,000k now.:(

My question is who here has used it in the 3.0, and was there any thing they noticed..noise,rattles,vibes?

may be a coincidence, but for the last month Ive had a vibration on idle through the steering wheel and dash. the fitter and I at work ran over the gearbox mounts, engine mounts,exhaust mounts and body mounts ect ect and all seems well.

I got a 20 litre Delo on Thursday, I'm about to go out and drain the Top Dog and pour it on the weeds, seems a waste but I have to eliminate it as a cause.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Top Dog is a funny oil. it doesn't feel like oil, its not all that slippery.
had it in the navara, didn't really like it. hard to say if it was the oil as probably some old oil in the engine.
i use gulf western J power oil.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeh Im thinking my ol girl didn't take to it well either. Ill see in the morn when she gets fresh Delo in her guts.

Edit:

The difference is black and white. Smooth quiet startup, smooth idle,dash and steering wheel isn't rattling my eyes and quiet shutdown. The ol girl just didn't like the Top Dog.

I'm not bashing it but now I know it isn't for me.:)

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts