Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are in discussion about returning to NSW. Nth NSW to be precise, somewhere bush (for her) and not too far from the beach (for me).

Scoping a couple places on the border. Question is, if I reside in NSW but work in Qld, and 99% of my driving will be done in Qld, does the law dictate I should have a qld license or a nsw license? Im guessing NSW if thats where i reside, same as the car rego..right?

Also 1 more q, are the states connected now in terms of demerit points.

ie: if i cop a 3 point demerit in qld with a nsw license, does it deduct from my total of 12 points?

·
Registered
331 Posts
i could be wrong but i believe that demerit points are based on where you licence is from it dont matter where you get the points they all just go onto your licence

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

The points are meant to be linked. Before it was all computer based, you lost your licence in 1 state, you got another elsewhere. Your rego has to be where you live, a Fleet car ( rego ) can be where your HO is though. Licence also where you live. Ring the RTA and confirm.

Regards B M

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Points are 110% linked mate, convinced a apprentice from work, he lost his licence here... we told him go back to queensland, he caught the first plane back got his licence came back to adelaide and 3 days later got pulled over and copped a 2100 fine for driving unlicencesd.

plus i know a heap of truck drivers. so yeah its all linked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts