Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Had a mate go to the local dealer here in Mandurah to buy a new patrol and was told you cant get one as there is no stock at the moment. They wont sell him one off the floor as they want it for a demo.
He was told that a boat left Japan 2 hours befor the earthquake hit and wont be due to hit Aus till the end of the month and that will land at Melbourne, they will try and get him one but they said don't hold your breath. Plus they are all white.
So parts on some things could get a bit low for awhile till they get things back in order over there.

Wayne

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
That'll be the same with all electronics and other vehicle manufacturers. Lets watch Malaysian, Thai, Chinese & Korean vehicle and plant manufacturers explode in production.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
walkal said:
They wont sell him one off the floor as they want it for a demo.
I struggle to believe this.. A bloke wants to hand them 50k which a good chuck of is profit, and they say no?
Tell him theres plenty of good cruisers out there with low klms and accessories on them for his price.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Wasn't that bear grills i think his name is doing an add for nissan! Saw a snippet of it on the news this morning, looked like the new patrol.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Only problem with that theory truckster is that you are assuming they can get another patrol demo.... like before the end of the year.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Doesn't surprise me they wouldn't sell there demo. My boss brought the new skyline gtr35 when they came out. Ordered it when it was announced. Offered the bloke an extra 30k for the show room one when his was delayed an they declined.....

They think they can make more money having them there to show then making an extra 30k.

Rick

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Only problem with that theory truckster is that you are assuming they can get another patrol demo.... like before the end of the year.
No point having a demo if you have nothing to supply people.
'yes it does drive well until it blows up, but we cant get you one for 12 mths'...

the way I understand it is it is brand new - not a demo yet = THEY WANT IT FOR A DEMO???

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
'yes it does drive well until it blows up, but we cant get you one for 12 mths'...

the way I understand it is it is brand new - not a demo yet = THEY WANT IT FOR A DEMO???
Yes there is, by having one there, you can show them the vehicle and keep them interested. If they couldn't drive one they would be more reluctant to wait for more to arrive.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,351 Posts
Call Brendan at giant Nissan on Scarborough Beach Rd, three weeks ago they had 22 new DX patrols and were asking 47k. Reckon you could do better than that.
I bought my Patrol from Brendan in Dec. If your mate buys one tell Brendan John Holbrook connected him. Cheers

Hi all
Had a mate go to the local dealer here in Mandurah to buy a new patrol and was told you cant get one as there is no stock at the moment. They wont sell him one off the floor as they want it for a demo.
He was told that a boat left Japan 2 hours befor the earthquake hit and wont be due to hit Aus till the end of the month and that will land at Melbourne, they will try and get him one but they said don't hold your breath. Plus they are all white.
So parts on some things could get a bit low for awhile till they get things back in order over there.

Wayne

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Yes there is, by having one there, you can show them the vehicle and keep them interested. If they couldn't drive one they would be more reluctant to wait for more to arrive.
X2 plus they can take orders and deposits/contacts................then make them wait till theirs arrives.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
405 Posts
Hi all

Wayne
id say ones on boat are pre ordered, already sold, and cant see japan producing any more vehicles for atleast 5 years, maybe longer, will take that long just to get basic services operational again, then you have hundreds other outside businesses that supply nissan wiped out too, same goes for toyota and honda, if you want a new patrol you will have to settle for second hand one and prices will go up as be big demand for them here

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Call Brendan at giant Nissan on Scarborough Beach Rd, three weeks ago they had 22 new DX patrols and were asking 47k. Reckon you could do better than that.
I bought my Patrol from Brendan in Dec. If your mate buys one tell Brendan John Holbrook connected him. Cheers

Thanks mate will let him know about that.:cool:
As for not selling them of course they wont sell them as they will then have nothing to show prospective Patrol owners and for future sales.

Cheers

Wayne

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thats what he was told by the sales guy.
And yes it was brand new.
They also had another one in there with all their fruit on it ie steel bar,winch,roof rack that was to show what extras they can supply.

Cheers

Wayne

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
heyhey said:
You must be more patient than me.

If I shop for something I want it now - not sometime possibly in the future cause its on the SS Kamikaze due in 4 weeks and you will get it in 8.. fawk that.

Going next door to the yota/mitz dealer who can supply me with something now and throw in **** would keep me interested.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Unless the nukes blow the joint to pieces or poison everyone (which is possible) it won't be long before the plants are up and running. One Nissan plant was closed for 3 days and another for all this week but otherwise they expect it to be back to normal soon as far as their side of it goes.
Not much of Nissan Australia's product coem out of Japan these days. Patrol, X-trail, 370Z is about all. Everything else comes out of Thailand, Spain or pommy land (oh sorry Europe).
Biggest problem will be if some of the suppliers/parts manufacturers got destroyed, go broke or similar. Much like here there are not so many suppliers making the same product so if the guy with all the contracts for say seat belts craps out then no seat belts to make cars.
Most of the car plants are in the north where there is less drama. Yokohama port is a bit of a drama at the moment though.
Wondering if the original poster's mate was looking for a cab chassis. Cab chassis has stopped production at the UD plant where it was made up to now and will fire up at a different plant in about June so there will be a 3 month drop off in supply of cab chassis's.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wondering if the original poster's mate was looking for a cab chassis. Cab chassis has stopped production at the UD plant where it was made up to now and will fire up at a different plant in about June so there will be a 3 month drop off in supply of cab chassis's.
He was looking for a wagon Gary

Wayne

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
mate wanted a red GU ST cab chassis ordered it late August 2010, has only just arrived in tassie week and a bit ago, if he wanted a white one could have had it there and then, but they said they only make red by order :/

this was long before all these earth quakes cyclones floods etc

1 - 20 of 25 Posts