Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my GQ LPG is not showing any pressure on the gauge.it has got worse over time but sometimes it works ok !!! at the moment its down to zero but no knocking sound from engine so im thinking pump is ok.. tried replacing sender but couldn't get one to fit the correct thread. is it a common fault for senders or oil pressure gauges to give up with GQ's ?? any help apprieciated.

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Yes they crap themselves all the time. Is the light on?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no warning light !! gave it a good oil change today, thought old oil may have been too thinned out..but no change... was putting in a seperate pressure gauge with its own new sender but thread was slightly different... was hoping to fix both possible problems,no such luck !!

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Take the old sender out and go down to your local pirtek or a good hardware shop. Get them to check the thread, if they are worth there weight they will pick it with their eye. Then get them to get a tap and die and cut your new sender to the same thread. If you dont have a second car then this could be hard though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your advice 89... found a better parts dealer today !! ordered a new sender , will get tomoz.. correct thread and same connector , snap it together ...i hope lol. not cheap tho, $ 112 ouch ! now back to my aircon condensor fan problem!! cheers

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
thanks for your advice 89... found a better parts dealer today !! ordered a new sender , will get tomoz.. correct thread and same connector , snap it together ...i hope lol. not cheap tho, $ 112 ouch ! now back to my aircon condensor fan problem!! cheers

watch the after market ones as they dont seem to last very long

1 - 6 of 6 Posts