Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! My name is Guillermo I’m from Central America. I currently own a 2008 patrol with a zd30.
It’s having a big issue and mechanics don’t know what it is.
It started missing power until it no longer ran.
Cylinder head was replaced and valves were calibrated
Turbo is new
Timing kit is new
All air hoses are new
Maf sensor was cleaned, TPS has not been cleaned or changed though.
It was having water temperature issues after loosing power.
AT Gearbox was completely refurbished

Car starts right away even when cold and while stationary it revs all the way up to 3000-3500. But when put into gear it doesn’t have any power even on flat surfaces.

We are out of ideas and not many mechanics know the ways to the y61, any advice is appreciated! Thank you for your support.

G. Herrera

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Hey! My name is Guillermo I’m from Central America. I currently own a 2008 patrol with a zd30.
It’s having a big issue and mechanics don’t know what it is.
It started missing power until it no longer ran.
Cylinder head was replaced and valves were calibrated
Turbo is new
Timing kit is new
All air hoses are new
Maf sensor was cleaned, TPS has not been cleaned or changed though.
It was having water temperature issues after loosing power.
AT Gearbox was completely refurbished

Car starts right away even when cold and while stationary it revs all the way up to 3000-3500. But when put into gear it doesn’t have any power even on flat surfaces.

We are out of ideas and not many mechanics know the ways to the y61, any advice is appreciated! Thank you for your support.

G. Herrera
What codes have been discovered in the ECU would be my first question?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
So long only code is air flow related, im gonna have it rescanned on monday by another guy.
What number? remember if this has not had codes deleted they can stay in there for years, best thing to do is drive it hard and recheck codes. Have a look in the DI archives for the list of 'common' codes.

Oh what the heck here they are.
0101 - CAM POS SEN (PUMP)
0102 - MAS AIR FLOW SEN
0103 - COOLANT TEMP SEN
0104 - VEHICLE SPEED SEN
0105 - CONT SLEEV POS SEN
0107 - ADJUST RESISTOR
0108 - F/INJ F/B 2
0201 - F/INJ TIMG F/B
0202 - F/INJ F/B
0203 - ACCEL POS SW (F/C)
0205 - ELECTRIC GOV
0207 - ECM 1
0208 - OVER HEAT
0301 - ECM 2
0303 - I/C INT/A TEMP SEN
0304 - NEEDLE LIFT SEN
0306 - FUEL CUT S/V 1
0307 - FCV SHORT
0308 - FUEL CUT S/V 2
0402 - FUEL TEMP SENSOR
0403 - ACCEL POS SENSOR EC-139
0406 - INT/AIR VOLUME (EXCESSIVELY HIGH SIGNAL FROM MAF SENSOR)
0407 - CRANK POS SEN (TDC) EC-144
0408 - GOV CUT CIRCUIT EC-149
0504 - A/T COMM LINE
0701 - INJ PMP - CAM POS SEN
0702 - INJ PMP - PULSE SENSOR
0703 - INJ PMP - COMM LINE
0704 - INJ PUMP - SPLILL VALVE
0705 - INJ PMP - C/MODULE
0706 - INJ PMP - TIMING FB
0707 - INJPMP - TIMING CONTROL SYSTEM
0802 - ECM 10
0804 - ECM 11
0807 - ECM 14
0902 - ECM RELAY
0903 - ECM 15
0905 - TURBO PRESSURE
1003 - EGR VOLUME CONT/V
1004 - FUEL CUT SYSTEM1
1401 - 1408 — NATS MALFUNCTION EL section

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much man! Really appreciate the codes! A friend is going to scan it on monday and I’ll post what he finds! Thanks again for the help!

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Thank you very much man! Really appreciate the codes! A friend is going to scan it on monday and I’ll post what he finds! Thanks again for the help!
You can download the complete workshop manual from the DI section Archives post #9, manuals and papers, it goes to supp15 which well and truly covers the DI and the CRD if that is what yours is, some countries had the earlier models still selling years after they stopped here, DI stopped very early 2007.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,675 Posts
Hey! will try tomorrow this! I´ll let you know what comes up, thank you for your support!
Don't do this..
Don't go cracking injector lines just for the sake of it. It's a CRD not a old school mechanically pumped diesel.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey! So I just got it scanned an it didn’t show a single code... however, I’ll try to get the injection system checked by friday.

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,336 Posts

G. Herrera
Your engine is it stock standard, do you use the VNT vac solenoid for boost control?
Is it making boost under load?
Is the VNT vac solenoid electric connector plugged into solenoid correctly?
At idle is the VNT actuator rod lifted all the way up, so the lever hits the stop grub screw? and
(@ idlle), if you pull vac line off actuator does the actuator rod drop down?

As @skegbudley stated do not crack open the injectors while engine is running(very high pressure/dangerous)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All the engine is stock standard. Just had the injector pump and injectors checked and they are good.
Could it be the ECU? Since its lacking acceleration but engine is running fine. Turbo is boosting and tps is fine too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So we have been testing the y61 in open road it does get to 80-90 km/h. And it feels good cruising, problem is when you need to accelerate from 0 or overtake and when going uphill it just won’t. It takes several seconds and sometimes minutes to get it going.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can download the complete workshop manual from the DI section Archives post #9, manuals and papers, it goes to supp15 which well and truly covers the DI and the CRD if that is what yours is, some countries had the earlier models still selling years after they stopped here, DI stopped very early 2007.
Thank you for your help. Air filter was missing so I installed the oem and that helped a little on cruising, the scan didn’t show any message and all that could be tuned to factory setting has been done. Im guessing TPS since when I go flat out it still takes some seconds to accelerate and I have to find the sweetspot on the pedal to get some power.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You could have damaged the MAF sensor while cleaning it. When mine went I couldn't get passed 80k on a flat rd. I replaced the MAF with a $35 china copy & everything has been perfect ever since.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your engine is it stock standard, do you use the VNT vac solenoid for boost control?
Is it making boost under load?
At idle is the VNT actuator rod lifted all the way up, so the lever hits the stop grub screw? and

As @skegbudley stated do not crack open the injectors while engine is running(very high pressure/dangerous)
could it be that the EGR blockage was done without resetting the vnt?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
VNT does not need to be reset when EGR is blocked. Re TPS there is a thread in the DI archives about stripping the TPS down and cleaning it (after forum system changed some links in archives were broken so I will apologise if this one is, I have no intention of going back over them again until the forum system is fully sorted, it is very time consuming), unfortunately not all TPS can be easily stripped

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,336 Posts
Blocking EGR _VNT actuator setting should be fine. The actuator setting can impact on spool rate low down, but if actuator is functioning and holding vacuum it should be fine.

Is EGR block the only mod to engine?
Can U measure boost?
You are using stock VNT vac solenoid boost control?
Nothing stuck/blocking air passing thru_U mention the air filter was missing.

Did U check:
[QUOTE
][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys! No luck on any on the tests above. I came to a stupid idea but you know best if it makes sense, the original key of the car was lost in a car wash (I believe to this day they wanted to steal the car later) since that was the only key I had, they made another one which is not an original Nissan key but a generic one. Could all of this have something to do with the generic key?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts