Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting desperate.
Driving home from work and suddenly the car lost all power. It coughed and spluttered up till 3000rpm then took off like a rocket. Stopped at the corner and could barely move till 3000rpm then bang full power again. It held 100km all the way home until I slowed down again, same thing.

So far replaced the fuel filters, tested for vacuum leaks. Leak back test on injectors where Average, cleaned and tested by professionals they came back in speck but at the higher end started better still buggered. Tested the tps sensor, replaced the suction control valve still ****.
The rail pressure has tested good the only thing down stream of this is the injectors which previously tested fine. These I'm about to replace at a cost of around $2000 as I'm lost for options.
There are no fault codes everything tests in speck but it's still no go. It was running beautifully before the sudden **** the bed moment. Help please.

·
Registered
nissan
532 Posts
Check your turbo actuator is working correctly. I had similar on my direct injection zd30 where it wouldn't boost until 2000rpm and found the actuator arm had seized. Once I freed it up, it worked fine again. May not be the same in your case, but can't hurt to check it.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,667 Posts
2 ways to do a simple check, put main vacuum line onto the VNT and start engine, arm should lift to top of stroke, another way is to put a separate bit of hose onto the vnt and suck like crazy, this will give you more of an idea if there is any resistance, it takes around 13-14"Hg to raise arm to top, you should be able to generate 19-20"Hg by mouth, pump puts out 28-30"Hg so much stronger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So update.
Put in a borrowed set of injectors and egr valve still no joy. Still no codes and it's still overfueling blowing white smoke and smelling like diesel till high revs when runs normal. It idles fine but accelerates rough and knocking with unburned fuel but if held at a steady rev it will clear up.
I'm lost and so is the mechanic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I have An answer for anyone else who may suffer the same issue in the future.
The egr valve is the culprit the paddle like part that opens has disappeared into the manifold. Just need to fish it out and replace egr valve.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,667 Posts
Ok so I have An answer for anyone else who may suffer the same issue in the future.
The egr valve is the culprit the paddle like part that opens has disappeared into the manifold. Just need to fish it out and replace egr valve.
Does this mean you have driven it and confirmed? Post up a pic of the bit for others when you dig it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts