Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting a growling noise when i ease of the throttle now , bloody anoying, nothing under power or off throttle:(

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
found the cause right front hub in engauged full time, found as i need to replace the bumpstops one broke so will do both

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
found the cause right front hub in engauged full time, found as i need to replace the bumpstops one broke so will do both
You can fix the bump stops with a bit of glue and big lag bolt.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bugger 800 km trip its back with me again , disassembly coming up me thinks:rolleyes:

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
ok ta something to think about
got some gen nissan ones $85 nz
Or PM Nissbits on here....THEY ARE CHEAPER!!! ;)

I priced them from Nissan as well last week as I need the 4 centre mounts, got quoted the same as you.
I'm gonna get mine from Nissbits in the next month or so.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bumpstops installed. top plates not going back on, and been warned its the pinion bearing dieing

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Ignore my post above coxsy :rolleyes:, i thought you were on about body mounts and not bumpstops.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well body mounts will need looking at sooner or later, and found the noise excretive lash in the rear locker twice ran it at 100 kph on the road

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
put a tight lsd in today same noise there .so not the diff , gearbox is the last resort

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and found out if the aircon belt lets go it damages the power steering belt too:confused:

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
I had your same problem, mine started after my 4 inch lift, I was getting grinding sort of noise when I backed off the accelerator, it only last few seconds but sounds bad and faster your going the worse the sound is.
I had both unis replaced
Rotated tail shaft
Pulled the tail shaft apart and filled spline full grease, this made the noise almost disappear but only lasted for 1 hour of driving then it was back.
I then did a high pinion rear and zero driveline noises.

If you searched through the GQ section for drive line noises you would have found few threads on this topic and there is a high pinion thread there also with all the info you need.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
all oil changed the truck full lubed , and the noise is still there, but clutch is on its last legs so turbo clutch fit gearbox noise , and reverce light switch :D when it dies:iconbana:

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
put in the shop , clutch replaced by heavyduty sucker, gearbox has new bearings and thrush washers, should have it back by weekend

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Nice and quiet now? :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts