Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Noisey,Bogan Neighbours...help!!!

6K views 69 replies 33 participants last post by  J N R 
#1 ·
we are having some major issues with our neighbours as they are the noisiest most inconsiderate people i have met!we own our house and they have just recently moved in to thier house which they are renting. i dont mind parties on friday and saturday nights.....
but everyother night of the week for them is a huge party and lastnight was the biggest they have had, with domestics and all. we called the cops twice as it was midnight and they where still loud as all hell...but nothing not one cop showed

any ideas or suggestions for deal with idiots like this??

Discussion starter · #5 ·
cheers guys will looking into it! i was thinking of going to council of cops with statements from all the other adjoining houses too...would this help?

Discussion starter · #12 ·
cheers guys just called the cops ranting about them not doing a bloody thing lastnight and they said they did a drive by an hour after i called and it was quiet....but they said every call is logged and if there are complains from several neighbours they have to respond in a small amount of time and treat it more seriously.....

so i shall be writing complaints to council and the cops with all of the other neighbours signatures on it!!

then be saying i herd gun shots..haha

cheers guys

Discussion starter · #14 ·
yeah i did tell them about that, they said they would send a car right away...but nothing for an hour

Discussion starter · #17 ·
the scary thing is that i leave for work at 5:15 in the morning they where sitting out the front watching their kids swim in their pool....they have to be on something to be able to do that!

Discussion starter · #20 ·
anyone know a few good cops around loganholme that i can share a few beers with....just want to buy them a beer....and get on their good side! ;)

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Ok so lastnight i spent an hour or so going around to the directly effected houses by the noise and all the other rubbish that goes on and got them to sign a little something i put together along with signing a support letter. this will be submitted to council today as a formal complaint as to the local and district police stations. i have also noted in my letter that there are 2 children under 10 living there where there are witnesses accounts of violence.

all the nieghours know the owners of the property and are calling him today to discuss his less that impressive tenants, as the nieghbourhood is full of familiies and dont need idiots like that around. i found out one of the fathers took his 3 little girls trick or treating sunday night and almost got collected by one of the idiots doing burnouts in the street and up and down his driveway thats something that has made me really determined to make these idiots moveon and live somewhere else....

however in the meantime i do like the bleach idea, i will be doing that over the next few nights. i was also thinking about pouring brake fluid over all of their cars and watching with a beer in hand.

cheers guys for all the ideas

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Hahaha thats mad!

Our family also had problems with the neigbours we had (koud music, swearing etc). Best thing we did, is made friends with them. We invited them over for tea, we talk, made conversations and all that.

A week later we were really close, then one night they had a massive party. All I did was just one call, and I told them I had work the next morning and if they can turn it down abit. They turn'd the music down (sounded like they turned it off) and it was really peaceful after that.

That morning they came and even apologized.

you can have really friendly neighbours but only if your friendly and have some patients.

We did invite them over for a BBQ the first week they moved in and tried to get to know them, but some people just dont get along. we even tried to give them more chances, but they just have no consideration for anyone else is the simplest way to put it.

i know i should be understanding and trying to be the better neighbour however i average anywhere between 3-4 hours of sleep a night and that tolerance and understanding is slowly withering away with my nightly average of sleep.

it would be ok if they came over the next morning and appologised or somethign of the likes...but so far everytime i have asked them nicely just to turn it down a notch i have been told to f*%k off and stop being kill joy.

i am at the end of my wits...

Discussion starter · #45 ·
could you have enough patients for a few months of that?

i really do understand your point of view B18C, but these people dont really care its scary and mind blowing.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Shilo: are you just trying to stir everyone up or actively give help?

slippery nipple: your input added huge depths of knowledge to this conversation.

i have like i said gotten all the neighbours to sign a group letter and individual ones that i submitted to the local and district police, council and owners yesterday. i give respect where it is earnt, and i play within the rules.

i will let everyone know how it plays out. in the meantime however will i reframe from doing something stupid....oh i do know i am an adult with selfcontrol. nice to see some guys giving me the benefit of the doubt that i wont do anything stupid

cheers guys

Discussion starter · #60 ·
You give respect where it is earnt and play within the rules ?

I draw your attention to my initiual quote from your post:

And again my initial reply:

"I have been a pool plumber / serviceman for well over 20 years.

Pool chlorine and household bleach both contain hypochlorite ion, which is the chemical agent responsible for their "bleaching" action. Pool chlorine, however, is substantially stronger than household bleach.
The most common source of pool chlorine is calcium hypochlorite, Ca(OCl)₂.Household bleach contains sodium hypochlorite, NaOCl.
Calcium hypochlorite sold specifically for swimming pools contains about 65 percent active ingredient by weight. Household bleach typically contains between 5 and 6 percent (by weight) sodium hypochlorite.

Apart from this, if household bleach did infact effect swimming pools (which it doesn't) the effect would most readily be seen in the water chemistry and the pool and equipment surfaces, which would not effect the tennant in any way but would cost the owner a great deal of money. This leaves me asking, who are the bad neighbours ?

Perhaps we can consider this while we watch the brake fluid eat away the paint work on the [Bogans] vehicles, beer in hand..... Ugg boots on ? "

I also refer you to another quote that particularly stood out for me:

"anyone know a few good cops around loganholme that i can share a few beers with....just want to buy them a beer....and get on their good side! "
saying and doing are two very different sides of the coin...

there is nothing wrong with getting on the good side of cops, because if there ever is something going wrong and you need them there quick...it generally helps to know them.

our family friends in north qld where police sargents of the local police and it was a really nice thing to know you could call him if something was going wrong.

tell me what i have done that is outside of the general law....

writing and submitting formal complaints? no i dont think so

notifying the owner? nope i dont think so either

getting the neighbours opions and gathering a support network? no not even close

have i vented? hell yes! i average 3-4 hours of sleep a night and then work 12 hours a day....if i didnt vent i would end up in the loony bin

Discussion starter · #62 ·
ha righto, but realistically i have been venting sorry if it misconstrued

i am following proper legal channels so i can do it as cleanly as possible, so nothing can come back to bite me.

shilo one day i will learn how to quote

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.