Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a long trawl searching for answers on here but haven't found them, so hopefully I'm not asking the obvious.

my 90 gq shorty (TB42) doesn't have air-con - and as I regularly go for long drives where its hot - and where the cab gets got, I'd like to put in air-con

unfort I can't seem to find any decent 2nd hand air-cons on fleabay, so I'm looking at an aftermarket solution, or trying to work out whether there are some other vehicle solutions that I can hybrid up.

has anyone done this before? or are there any solutions I'm missing?

·
Registered
nissan gq ti patrol
61 Posts
have you tried any wreckers in your area, that would be the way to go air con was a standard feature in most patrols should not be hard to get hold of.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have, and unfort the ones I've dealt with have been card holding numptys trying to rip people off. Although I am happy to go to any in the ACT/Queanbeyan area if reccomended by others. - (as long as I haven't been there and burnt before!)

any idea on probable costs (complete - as mine has zero fittings, ducting etc as never fitted with it before)

·
Registered
nissan gq ti patrol
61 Posts
yeh i know i have been stung by wreckers before and they know the new prices of parts as thats there business and charge accordingly. For example brand new aircon compressor for the gq i've seen on ebay just under a grand so i'd say they may charge between 200-500 at the wreckers. Maybe trying someone who parting out a vehicle in your local classifieds will be the cheapeast way plus you will have to get a air cond guy to gas it up check for leaks and electrics to be wired up eg switches thermo fan fuses and the like. I'll admit it won't be an easy job to do could be looking near a couple of grand all up.

all the best mark

·
Registered
73 Posts
i know someone parting out a Safari will ask him later on this week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts