Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
my steering box is Jeep / saginaw steering box and uses the o-ring fittings shown above
only banjo fitting is at the pump
That's right I forgot that.

Reactions: fredycruger

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,944 Posts
my steering box is Jeep / saginaw steering box and uses the o-ring fittings shown above
only banjo fitting is at the pump
Damn, haven't heard that word in Oz for some time.

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
over the weekend i converted my leaky power steering lines to JIC hoses

150$ for 2 hoses and 55$ for fittings LOL

fixed power steering reservoir nipple (solder broke i didnt have steel fitting to weld in at the time. so i brazed brass fitting and failed )

and ****ed up the fan already
i guess 1/4" is too close to the radiator

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
i believe its also thicker
and i don't have the room
Ah yes might be right. The fans seem to each have the hub bolt circle at different spacing inside where the metal ring is. Looks like yours is already very close.

Sydo, Leethal, or Matt (toughdiesels). Would be the guys that have tried every fan in existence. But doesn't look like anything else will be better there anyway.

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
ive done lot of small annoying things over last few months
and fixing up some **** ups

i found screw driver in the turbo intake , that ruined the compressor wheel
when i change the wheel i dropped washer down the intake, rolled down past the valve and dropped into cylinder

pulled head off removed washer,put new head gasket and back to business

actually it wasnt all wasted time removing head as i was able to clean the intake from th aluminum that came from compressor wheel :homer:

last few weeks i worked on front re-gear and driveshaft
while i did that i changed both xcase seals

once i broke down the front axle and removed carrier
i found out the carrier is for low pinion , i needed hi pinion

found new gear set on ebay. for 180$

meanwhile i welded up two halves of the driveshaft using dial indicator for runout.
driveshaft moved a little when i welded it ,but its not horrible 04 thou of runout
itll be ok as i have front axle disconnect so DS only spins when the fr. axle is locked in

might have to have one build anyways its pretty big and hit shifter bracket , gotta see if i can move it if no il have thinner shaft made

also converted CAD to cable operated instead of vacuum
some homebrew kit made from NAPA locking cable spring and 1/4 compression union

while waiting on new gears i swapped front leaf spring to military wrap fabtech 3.5" leaf springs and added 2 leafs to the rear pack

got some tire balancing beads so i pulled the wheels off broke the bead and dropped 10 oz. bag inside of each wheel
it helped a bunch

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
steering box was also leaking
i had spare cj box but the fittings were not metric , i just spend 200$ on adapters and hoses. so instead of getting cj box i got the upgrade durango box. had to swap lower steering column to newer YJ style shaft to mate up the input splines

thats it :flipoff2:

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,944 Posts
Nearly all pics are broken links now
They have been for quite a while. As has been said many times photobucket (and other offsite hosting sites) screwed many people and many threads on P4x4, nothing we can do about it, as I've pointed out many times, load pics directly using the P4x4 method.

221 - 233 of 233 Posts