Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now an Earthquake in Japan...

MASSIVE 7.2 TSUNAMI COMING!!! 60 centimeters RUN RUN RUN!!!!

Earthquake: Japan Rocked By 7.2 Earthquake | March 9, 2011

"The Japan Meteorological Agency issued a tsunami warning of up to 50 centimetres for the east coast of the main Honshu island."

A 60-centimetre wave was first reported at Ofunato port half an hour after the quake without causing any damage.

·
Registered
nissan safari y60
250 Posts
Has been lots of quakes everywhere in the past few years.
There is a man here Ken Ring, aka The Moon Man, who apparently predicted the september quake in Christchurch and the last one two weeks ago.
Havnt looked into it myself but i think he makes predictions to do with the planets, and they are currently all in allignment, which creates huge gravitational forces between the planets, this could be the cause??
Geologists here say his methods/theories are BS. Probably cause they cant predict where or when they will happen.
He was on Cambel Live [current affair show] but never got a chance to speak as Cambel kept cutting in and dissin his ideas.
He has made another prediction for march 20 [give or take a week either side] apparently, for a major earthquake [possibly Fiordland from what I have heard], has got everyone here talking and getting survival kits ready.
Realy hope hes wrong but its better to be prepared
Have been a few minor quakes between mid South Island to lower North Island since Christchurch.

·
Registered
nissan safari y60
250 Posts
Most of the above I only know from gossip but the prediction but has realy got people feeling uneasy. Havnt had a chance to look for his website and check it out for myself, going to but a bike to save on fuel costs.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Havnt looked into it myself but i think he makes predictions to do with the planets, and they are currently all in allignment, which creates huge gravitational forces between the planets, this could be the cause??
Dunno there could be something in it, but some scientist (Shelley I think his name was) reckons he worked out mathematically that thousands and thousands of years ago Halleys Comet flew by so close to earth that it's gravitational pull caused massive worldwide destruction such as earthquakes and floods etc.

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Not to be outdone....also another big quake off PNG today!

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TD: How is Christchurch coming along? I think your missus isnt far from there from memory?

Dont hear **** about it now on the news.... :( the LIVE MUST HAVE 24/7 ****wits walking around pointing out dead people has stopped.

·
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Funny you should ask....just had an aftershock 30 seconds ago, was a GOOD one and i'm 90 kilometers away in Akaroa (east of ChCh). Back to ChCh tomorrow after work.

Tell you what...you should hear some good stories/interviews from your police and rescue people when they get back!!!!!!

·
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
TD: How is Christchurch coming along? I think your missus isnt far from there from memory?

Dont hear **** about it now on the news.... :( the LIVE MUST HAVE 24/7 ****wits walking around pointing out dead people has stopped.
My better half's house is approx 4km from the ChCh cbd, water is only just getting back to normal. Basically the place is still being hammered by aftershocks.
166 confirmed dead and only 65 names have been released so far. They expect it'll rise to 200-ish. I was delivering water to the hard hit eastern suburbs last weekend, place was like a ghost town.

What NZDAN said above is a prediction but this fella hasn't got much wrong in the last decade or so :sad:. People are friggin pooping and leaving the city. They/we/I have had it with the quakes...don't forget they started in Sept last year and at the latest count on the website we're up to over 5000 quakes since then!

·
Registered
23 Posts
My better half's house is approx 4km from the ChCh cbd, water is only just getting back to normal. Basically the place is still being hammered by aftershocks.
166 confirmed dead and only 65 names have been released so far. They expect it'll rise to 200-ish. I was delivering water to the hard hit eastern suburbs last weekend, place was like a ghost town.

What NZDAN said above is a prediction but this fella hasn't got much wrong in the last decade or so :sad:. People are friggin pooping and leaving the city. They/we/I have had it with the quakes...don't forget they started in Sept last year and at the latest count on the website we're up to over 5000 quakes since then!

I have had it with them too but have got used to them just sit through 4-5s now. Hopefully they do stop in April as predicted and Chch can rebuild. Untill 2016 ;)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
645 Posts
THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!!!!!!

Ah bugger it i'm going bush!

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
red92gq said:
THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!!!!!!
Ah bugger it i'm going bush!

·
Registered
nissan
539 Posts
Watching the live TV coverage - massive damage, huge tsunami waves destroying everything 2km inland.

People driving their cars away from the wave, not a hope of making it by the look of things.

·
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Hey twodiffs. How's Akaroa doing? My wife's from there. She's a Brocherie.
Akaroa is fine...sustained MUCH more damage from the Sept quake last year. Hardly any damage from last quake 2 weeks ago mate.

I'm a builder....we have only in the last week co ordinated building crews in conjunction with Fletchers to deal with the quake from last year. Thats what you get living 90k's from ChCh.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts