1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
I do wonder if the earths magnetic field influences water in the air?? Or even cyclones? Could be just a coincidence that Cyclones happen in areas of earthquake activity.

I was watching some show tonight about water, hosted by an Irish bloke with a god awful accent. Anyway near the end he mentioned that because of all of earths water storages, the earth has been pushed off its tilt by 0.008degrees or some number close to that, in the last 40 years. I found this amazing yet not surprising. Now just imagine what all those nuclear tests did to our planet? Especially that russian nuclear test that echoed around the earth 8 times.

The japanese earthquake has put earths axis out by a poofteenth aswell.

Earth is 3000 years over due for a "change of north to south poles".........this involves chaos in the form of earthquakes and volcanoes everywhere.

Bring on 2012. :D :D :bananaro:

·
8,549 Posts
The quake off Qld may have been an aftershock from all the other quakes no doubt.
This Waz65 fella sounds like someone to steer clear of though lol.

·
8,549 Posts
Now just imagine what all those nuclear tests did to our planet?
Not much probably. Mother nature is much stronger. There were far larger quakes in history well before mining and nuclear testing, quakes big enough to form mountain ranges.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
nissan patrol
405 Posts
I do wonder if the earths magnetic field influences water in the air?? Or even cyclones? Could be just a coincidence that Cyclones happen in areas of earthquake activity.

I was watching some show tonight about water, hosted by an Irish bloke with a god awful accent. Anyway near the end he mentioned that because of all of earths water storages, the earth has been pushed off its tilt by 0.008degrees or some number close to that, in the last 40 years. I found this amazing yet not surprising. Now just imagine what all those nuclear tests did to our planet? Especially that russian nuclear test that echoed around the earth 8 times.

The japanese earthquake has put earths axis out by a poofteenth aswell.

Earth is 3000 years over due for a "change of north to south poles".........this involves chaos in the form of earthquakes and volcanoes everywhere.

Bring on 2012. :D :D :bananaro:
do u think taking so much oil outa the ground has anything to do with anything??

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
do u think taking so much oil outa the ground has anything to do with anything??
Not sure, possibility. They think the three gorges dam project in China caused there last major earthquake.

So if you take mass away or add it, it could cause an underground implosion or explosion. Although once an oil field has reached the end of its life it gets pumped with sea water and capped. Not sure about inland wells.....

Shoulda been a geologist, interesting stuff :p

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
There was a very interesting programme On SBS the other day, called "How the Earth Made Us". Many of the worlds great cities are built on fault lines and for very good reason, many riches have been plucked from these areas over the years. The guy specifically mentioned California, and LA which we all know is built on the San Andreas Fault. This fault line supplied them with gold and is still supplying them with oil, one of the worlds biggest fields, it actually leaks from the ground naturally.

Now their income from this is $100,000,000 a year, they are expecting that another big one will hit CA and the damage bill is expected to top $250,000,000, so the economics of it are you can pay for any damage in less than 3 years, if you can go 100 years without a big one your well and truly in front, that's the economics of it.

Fault lines, old and new, have supplied us with high value minerals etc for thousands of years, they were formed in the centre and find there way out through these fault lines, that's the risk we take, AU is one of the most stable environments on the face of the planet, but we live next door to some highly volatile areas, like PNG where I ahve spent a lot of time working and experienced many tremors (in the 80's they were almost daily) and a few strong quakes, have seen roads crack and move, had my chair jump across the concrete towards a swimming pool while I was sitting having a beer.

No good worrying about it, because there is nothing you can do to stop it.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
334 Posts
more likely to be fat people putting too much pressure on the earth, squeezing the magma below the surface.
i think it happened about the same time as your over inflated fat head hit the pillow the other night yom

1 - 20 of 24 Posts