·
Registered
nissan
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few m8s & I are heading up the Watagan's next Saturday arvo

Metting @ Morisset Caltex approx 2pm

heading up via Tobins ln/*****ley ridge

will be doing a few side tracks along the way(Tobins ridge track, CTP80?? & a few others) then heading over to the mud hole clearing then over to do Tunks fire trail, yambo - lemontree link rd, scouts camp loop rd. Well that's the plan any way

Trip limit 10 trucks

Attendees:
1. OGJON(Dudelux as navi)- GU 4" lift, front auto lokka & rock sliders on 35's
2. Timmsi - GQ 4" lift on 35's
3. Petercj1974 - GU 4-5" lift on 35's
4. ogre4x4 - 4runner on 35's
5. Peow Peow - GQ 5" lift front locker on 37's
6. Specs - Lux
7. newtothefourbyworld - LC80 locked on 34's
8. coopster

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
not me, my sons christening on the 13th + have two blown hubs & no money to replace them befor Chrismas.

·
Registered
nissan
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trip is now full

I can be contacted either here or PM me for mobile number

·
Registered
nissan
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 more places now available due to trucks not being ready

·
Registered
nissan
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lock me in jono. Hang over will be gone :) see you all at morisset at 2pm . Pete
done ;)

looks to be a good day so far, it's currently reasonably cool yet sunny, is forecast for some showers.

filled both tanks last night & made sure my snatch strap & shackles are in

·
Registered
nissan
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was a good day
drove tobins ridge track/fenceline
a few side tracks
didn't end up finding the top of tunks :bad-words: really wanted to drive it
so we back tracked & went down Lemontree & turned onto big jilliby &made our way down to the bogholes @ the bottom only to find the bridges rotten & creaking under foot so went back through the bog holes & up the ruts then once back to *****ly ridge the resr of the group went & did the link rd between sawpit & branch rds while I turned up towards muirs lookout & did a few easy side tracks as a solo vehicle went over to 5 ways & drove greens break where I nearly put the GU on it's side taking the wrong line through the ruts up the top.

damage report:
guy in ferozza: cracked front diff housing(we're now going to call that short side track daihatsu hill)

OGJON: LH rear flare ripped off, twisted LH corner of rear bumper & got a small stick in the bead of drivers wheel, it's still holding air atm.

A big thanx to all the guys & gals who came for a run you're all top blokes/gals look forward to wheeling with you again, next time we'll have to go do froghollow & drury lane then do tunks fire trail from the bottom.

·
Registered
nissan
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys, what a great saturday arvo 4wd up in the Watagans, My 1st trip out with you guys, i will be sure to tag along again.
Lots of u uys were taking photos along the way, is there anywhere you load them up for everyone to see?

Pete
Pete you & I are the only one's on this forum who attended the trip
I know my m8 Gary who was my nave/passenger got quite a few pix
I'll post them up when I get a copy.

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
I nearly put mine on its side with the R/H rut at the top of Greens break, I'm sure its caught out a few people!

·
Registered
nissan
24 Posts
Hi,

As OGJON said we did the top side track of sawpit - I put a dent in the left rear qtr panel. We then did CPT80 with the lux doing a CV on the hill climb out - it's getting quite bumpy from about half way up. I got through all the mud holes at the bottom of CPT80 - very happy. There used to be a side track after the mud but the tree has been cleared and you can go up the cutting now - got a wheel a long way up the right side before reversing and doing a better line.

Got onto tar about 7:30pm - a good day indeed - just need more pics..... :)

Timmsi

·
Registered
nissan
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thinking of going back down big jilliby FT & try to find a way to cross the creek from what I saw it looked fairly drivable, really want to know where the rest of the track goes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts