Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im flying out tonight finally to pick up my pigtrol from the Gold Coast and driving home to Perth. I know the Nallarbor trip is nothing to exciting but there are a few bits and pieces to do along the wag so Ill get some pics and document fuel costs ect...

·
Registered
nissan 4.5
183 Posts
:iconbana::iconbana::iconbana::iconbana::iconbana:

Feeling your excitment

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
1,210 Posts
Should of seen this earlier, would of offered you a lift. Hope it's all good with your new patrol :D

Cheers

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,814 Posts
If you’re doing the quick route then the run down the Wilcannia – Bourke Rd is a great drive, stop off and check out the Darling River along the way, cuts some pretty deep water courses.

Some corrugation between Bourke and Louth, after that it is smooth going, no gates, just grids.

Just don’t go near it if it has been raining, was lucky to get out of there the last time and it only rained for 20mins.

Beats the hell out of going down to Cobar

Then there is Norseman to Hyden for some more dirt.

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should of seen this earlier, would of offered you a lift. Hope it's all good with your new patrol :D

Cheers
Oh bugger that would have been good were you headed perth to goldcoast were ya.

If you’re doing the quick route then the run down the Wilcannia – Bourke Rd is a great drive, stop off and check out the Darling River along the way, cuts some pretty deep water courses.

Some corrugation between Bourke and Louth, after that it is smooth going, no gates, just grids.

Just don’t go near it if it has been raining, was lucky to get out of there the last time and it only rained for 20mins.

Beats the hell out of going down to Cobar

Then there is Norseman to Hyden for some more dirt.
Same deal wish i had of spotted this before i left mind you we did alot and we were pressed for time in the end.

Anyway Im back from picking up the new patrol and ive got to say I wish i had of done it sooner, we did the drive back over 6 days to allow us to stop or detour to see the things we wanted to and I flew my Partner Cat over to The gold Coast a few day after I arrived to do the journey back with me. We were also joined by her sister who was moving to WA (hence the bright pink bike on the back of the patrol before anyone asks).

Ive done the trip a couple of times now but always only to get a car from one side to the other never as a holiday/trip type thing, we didn't get to everything but we saw alot i didn't even know was out there.

Was planning on doing a big speal for people who may do the trip in the future but there are that many pics and I really just cant be bothered so ill post a handful and if you have any question relating to the pics feel free to ask.

Yes the truckies on route gave me some flack over this one on the CB

Cat and I hung a love lock up at Tweed Heads over looking surfers paradise (cause she likes stuff like that)

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some really cool churchs we stumbled across

Does anyone know what these fields are my guess was Canola oil??
Regardless they made great photos are there were lots of fields of them.

The wind house from the old shaft mine in Cobar and some pics of the currently still operational underground mine.

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

We pulled up stumps the first night really late at a Revive and survive drivers stop, got a few hours in and woke up next to the strangest sign to see in the middle of nowhere. I bet you can guess the very first word I read waking up in a car on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere slightly confused lol

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This one fuel bowser shows the extent of fuel avaliabilty in some places along the way LOL

Port Agusta definitely a place I wish we had of spent more time.

We really tried to keep this trip to a small budjet and found no lack of cheap accomidation when we decided to just pull in for the night

I always wanted to get some shots at this sign and finaly stopped and got them.

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The misses and i at the nullarbor Road house. we got here around 6pm and we really should have kept going but there was way to much to see arround the roadhouse and we also really wanted to stay there the night so we had a counter meal had some drinks played some pool and turned in early for a huge days driving in the morning.

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Great Australain Bite cliffs an absolute must see!!!

Cat coming back to the car stocked up with junk for the next 1500km lol

Australia seems to have a fascination with giant statues of animals????

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Driving out along the old original Eyre HWY was really cool learning the history behind the crossing in the 40's and 50's also saw the original Nullarbor roadhouse being used as the homestead for thr employees of the current one.

There are also three natural caves behind the roadhouse about 15km inland.

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Having a quick cuddle across state lines!!

Biggest struggle for me was the crappy coffe for 6 days as I love my good quality coffee.

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And arriving home and parking next to the misses Great wall X240 and realising just how big the patrol is!!

Absolutely loved the trip few things I would like to go back and spend more time at but overall it was well worth it.
Patrol has already served its purpose of giving us the key to unlock outdoor living and in the two weeks ive owned it ive already made memories with loved one i will never forget witch what life is all about in my eyes!!!
Cant wait for the next trip.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
That was grouse, thanks for going to the trouble! Very good photos. The truck looks great too.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Awesome write up mate! Would love to one day do a trip to the other side of Australia! Glad you went to the trouble of posting the pics.

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My pleasure dude. It's not a trip commonly per sieved as a tourist deal or worth anything more than simply moving **** from one side to the other but honestly there is heaps to do and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts