Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
What motor, if its an iron head Id put the gas torch on it.

If its an alloy, put all the other plugs in it and run it up to operating temp, then see if it moves.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The mechanic was the one who could not remove it and gave no solution.The motor is the tb42E and i need to get the bugger out as its stuffed and the rest are now done?I have tried the operating temp trick with no success so i will have to try and soak it in penetrine or crc?????

·
Registered
nissan gq ti patrol
61 Posts
spark plug

i'd say the mechanic must prob knows someone may have cross threaded the spark plug when it was last changed and does not want ot touch it as it will need to be helicoiled and the plugs on the tb42e aren't the easiest to do compared to other cars. Hopefully its just very tight but i would maybe try another mechanic.

Mark

·
Registered
nissan patrol
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just went to another mechanic who said its not cross threaded but rusted in or such and suggested simply spraying penatrine,wd40 or similar once a week until its next service and then give it a go with him as he actually knows how to get the buggers out after soaking them for a while.Thanks for the advice guys,this forum rocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts