1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
90, TB42, dual fuel, manual, pertronix

the fuel gauge (petrol) intermittently goes to zero
speedo intermittently goes to zero - but has gone and swung extreme right off the clock

the odd thing is that if one works the other usually doesn't.
the speedo if inop has this tendency to get going after the motor has done a few k's (5-6 ave??)

apart from the fact that I thought that the speedos were mechanical - this is just plain odd

·
Registered
782 Posts
Does your cluster have a voltmeter?

The speedo, fuel gauge & voltmeter appear to be supplied from the same fuse and connection at the back of the cluster.

·
Registered
nissan
500 Posts
I have seen the exact same thing happen in a different make of 4x4.

Turned out to be some dodgy wiring on the spedo sensor plug on the transfer case.

Just my 2c, might relate to your issue.

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Sounds like and Earth or resistance prob some where.

If it was me i would pull your dash out and go crazy with contact cleaner on all the terminals and connections, see if they have any corrosion/dust/crud that might be causing the prob, and have a look at where your dash cluster Earths back too, and clean that up too....

Just a Thought..........

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
i have a problem with my tacho at the moment. dont know what caused it but morning run (cold cold start) it jumps up and down...... usually it just sits and wriggles between 600-700rpm at idle but for about 5 minutes it jumps even though the idle is constant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts