Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently going through engineering on my sweet 2006 TD4.2 Patrol.
Having major difficulties with finding out the correct original offset.
Nissan Australia don’t know!! Can you believe it!
Does anyone know the original offset?
Engineer says +10...
Everyone I know thinks zero...
I want to put on 15x8 neg 23 which I believe keeps within the limits, but only if original offset is zero!!!
Any help would be highly appreciated

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
-23 will be a track increase, they’re measured center of tread not the outer wall.
I have a track increase.
Your model will have had ally rims std yes? They’re usually in the 0 to -10 area but a GU owner should post up a firmer answer sometime soon.

·
Registered
nissan
6,421 Posts
Engineer says +10...
Your engineer is right if it had 16" wheels. The standard wheel offset for a GU is +10mm for 16" and I think zero for 17" factory alloys. Many aftermarket 16" alloys that were installed at dealerships were zero offset but these were definitely aftermarket wheels and not factory.

Edit: a quick search here through old posts suggests the 17" factory alloys were +10mm as well.

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
And if you’re going the 15” route, don’t apply for 12.5” treadface on 8” rims. Tyre specs are 8.5” minimum width for 33-35x12.5x15. I have that awful refusal info on my mod permit because I applied for that size with 15x8 on my application and was refused.
If you go metric and 16” size tyres, 8” rims are fine... go figure

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently have new Mickey Thompson Baja 12.5 x 35 on 15 x 10 neg44s
I’m actually going to cry if I have to replace the whole lot!!!
Engineer won’t allow neg22
Any ideas for keeping the tires on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Engineer WILL allow 15 x 8 -12 sunny rim.
Can you believe there are none in the country!
Ideas anyone???

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
The engineer has overlooked the rim width tyre manufacturer designation. There’s no manufacturer that will allow 8”rims on 12.5” treadface sized x15” tyres. He is saying -12 in the contact patch designation is passable.
Your DOT will pick up on it so be aware of rim size designation by the tyre manufacturer. This is where the 8” rim trap is.

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
I think -13 is an actual size. Might slip through. Mine are -23 and were passed but that’s GQ back in 2010

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
I have a set of GU OEM springs, and a set of 235x85R16 in the shed for pitting purposes. 50mm track and 50mm overall height mod tolerance is a hard thing to adhere to.
Back in 2009 I met a guy with an EcoTec powered Tojo Surf, 6” lift, IFS tube trussed up front end and all these other bits. He spent just shy of $5K on engineering, about $2.5K on lane change and anti roll tests alone, I spent $416 in 2010 plus pitting fees.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for you help guys,
I’ve put on some 15x7 rims I had sitting around to get past engineering and rego... needless to say it won’t be staying that way!
When I get new rims and tires (and probably and new wife) I shall post the resolution!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts