Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2.8td gu st
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
how long does your oil stay gold after oil change??? my 2.8gu goes black after a day...

i drive a nissan ud double bogey oil tanker truck its had a hard life 13yrs old with 400000+ on the clock,,, when it gets serviced oil stays gold for cpl weeks...

can anyone tell me whats the name of the oil treatment is, so i can try flush out some crap out of my engine...

·
Registered
757 Posts
i dont know how long as i only check it after the first start up to make xure i have oil pressure but even at that point it has a black look to it
My 3 litre Navara stays clean for almost the whole service life (5000km)

·
Registered
436 Posts
about 1000kms but less if i tow.. by 2500kms shes pretty black. When I do an oil change I always pour 1l of new oil through before I put the sump plug back in, but after the old oil has stopped flowing out. I usually pour through until the oil no longer has a solid black color as it drains out of the sump. Then I plug it and fill.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone know the name of the product that flushes engine soot n crap out???

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did some research and on some other forums alot of positive feedback on cem im goin to give it a go bit exspensive tho 90 bucks...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
in a cpl months ill do it, i only did a oil change few weeks ago,,, i'll let you know..

·
Registered
nissan
140 Posts
I wouldn't recommend an oil flush at all. Too many people have had it go all wrong. That built up sludge will most likely block an oil feed somewhere and destroy your engine.

Much better to do more frequent oil changes and let the detergents in the oil slowly do their job. I'm sure that's how the previous owner of my patrol blew up the rd28. I bought it cheaply with a blown engine. Main bearing picked up, sent metal up. Blocked oil feed to cam. Snapped cam. Bent two valves. Luckily that was the extent of the damage and we rebuilt the engine cheaply.

·
Registered
nissan
140 Posts
Also mine goes black after about 1000kays. 5000 kay oil and filter changes. That's on a as new engine that's done about 30000 kays. Oil used is shell rimula x.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
I wouldn't recommend an oil flush at all. Too many people have had it go all wrong. That built up sludge will most likely block an oil feed somewhere and destroy your engine.

Much better to do more frequent oil changes and let the detergents in the oil slowly do their job. I'm sure that's how the previous owner of my patrol blew up the rd28. I bought it cheaply with a blown engine. Main bearing picked up, sent metal up. Blocked oil feed to cam. Snapped cam. Bent two valves. Luckily that was the extent of the damage and we rebuilt the engine cheaply.
Thats what I was worried about!!!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
i dont think its a sluge bulid up that causing the oil to go black and i would not be using a oil flush through my engine.
A couple of years ago i replaced the sump gasket on my Patrol and seeing my oil goes black quickly i expected to find a very dirty sump. I found nothing all very clean with no build up. I also had the rocker cover off not long ago and it was clean as well.
From what i understand the black oil comes from the fact the engine is not direct injection so the burn process of the fuel is not as clean as the newer more advanced engines

1 - 15 of 15 Posts