Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was servicing my td42 gu patrol i drained the oil and pulled the old filters out and went to put the new filters in to find i had been given the wrong filters from repco im just wondering if it is safe to leave it with the oil drained until I get the new filters tomorrow or will I have to prime the oil pump as the oil has been drained for 24 hours?

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,037 Posts
Hey guys was servicing my td42 gu patrol i drained the oil and pulled the old filters out and went to put the new filters in to find i had been given the wrong filters from repco im just wondering if it is safe to leave it with the oil drained until I get the new filters tomorrow or will I have to prime the oil pump as the oil has been drained for 24 hours?
It will be fine (y) you can fill the sump, when you have the filters,pour some oil into each one then after start-up top up the engine.Don't rev it,just let it idle till the oil light goes off.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
4,989 Posts
If you are concerned about start up, unplug the fuel cut solenoid on the injector pump, and use the starter to get your oil pressure up. But if you have to crank it for more than 10 seconds I would be surprised.

I had this problem once, and I found the oil pickup gasket had been left off at some point.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,707 Posts
I always drain mine overnight, then swap the filters and fill the oil the following day. Never had an issue in 21 years....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the reply guys I've put oil filters back in and oil no dramas took about 2 seconds to get oil pressure back to normal I was just a bit scared because I came from a 3.2l ranger and you can't leave it for more than 4 minutes as soon as you drop the sump pump because there oil pump doesn't self prime

1 - 5 of 5 Posts