Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I was doing a service on my 05 TD42 ute (275,000 Km) a couple of weeks ago and found what looks like oil in the coolant.(looked just like sump oil only thicker)

It was pretty bad, everything had a build up of this stuff in it, radiator, over flow bottles, heater core (completly blocked), all the coolant and heater hoses were soft and getting eaten by this goo.

Cooling system still had coolant in it and vehicle had not been getting hot...

I had noticed a month or so prior that the heater wasnt working which would have been when the heater core filled full of this muck.

Have since had the oil cooler tested at 80 Psi and the gaskets and orings show no sign of leakage.

Head gasket shows no signs of leakage.

Head has been crack tested and is ok... slightly worn valve guides and a bit of chaffing in one spot from movement of the head gasket.

Standard turbo (not water cooled)

This vehicle is my work vehicle and does get abused. It has been hot a couple of times(not quite hitting the mark next to H on the gauge) when towing but have backed off and let it cool down.

Cannot work out how this is happening usually its the other way around with water pushing into the oil??????

Anyone got any ideas or heard of similar dramas?

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,789 Posts
Engine alloy plate at the back of the water pump.
Look at the plate at the back of water pump were the vain is. People have been known to add stop leak but all it deos is cavitate the engine alloy plate and oil and water mix. If it is damaged you can repair it with metal epoxy and then sand it down till you get new back plate.

·
Registered
1991 Nissan Safari TD42+t
7 Posts
Hi, also have engine oil in my coolant. Did you find the cause in the end?? I’ve read elsewhere that it could be a dropped liner 😢

·
Registered
nissan
1,532 Posts
When you see that much oil in the coolant. my bet is the factory oil cooler. That sandwhich place part where the two oil filters screw on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts