Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2005 guiv 3l auto and there seams to be a lot of oil in the intake hoses and in the intercooler, will this cause any damage and what may be causing the oil ,it seams to be quite a bit around the join where the hose goes off the turbo up to the intercooler.Can the boost sensor be cleaned the same as the maf sensor or not.
Cheers Dazza

·
Registered
757 Posts
oil is most likely coming from the engine via the breather the exits the top of the rocker cover and enters your intake system just after the MAF sensor. You can fit a catch can which will collect this oil before it enters your air intake system which will keep the intake system clean.
As for the amount of oil in the intake system it wont be a lot (depending on how many km your Patrol has done).
You can remove and clean the intercooler after fitting the catch can and it should stay clean after that.
Have you blocked you EGR valve?

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No haven't blocked the egr valve not sure how to do it and the car has done 85000 kms i've had it since new

·
Registered
757 Posts
do a search on his forum you will find plenty of info on blocking your EGR and also on how to clean your intercooler and install a catch can.

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I completed the maf cleaning and i cleaned out the intake hoses and intercooler and i also reset the ecu and did a complete oil change and it seems to have quite a bit more go than before,also is it best to use a fully synthetic engine oil or mineral ? I opted for the synthetic. I have found the info on here to be a great help and it's a credit to all involved for the input of information.

Dazza

1 - 7 of 7 Posts