Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have an oil leak that seems to come from above the oil filter.... I've had a few mechanics look at it but none can say where exactly it's coming from. It's guess work and fairly hard to get to... Anyone have an idea before I start spending money???

Cheers,
Dutchy

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Mate, theres not much above the oil filter besides for head gasket, inlet manifold and rocker cover.

Id guess rocker cover without having a look. but it could also be head gasket.

·
Registered
nissan
46 Posts
Tappet cover leak

Just happened to me, it was the rear of the tappet cover gasket. I thought it was the oil filter and the leak got worse and the oil ran down at the rear of the motor then I thought it was the rear oil seal. Fixed tappet cover gasket... all fixed...whew!:)

Regards
Danny

·
Registered
nissan
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tappet cover gasket... Sound like it might be that. Head gasket? Hope not! Will have it checked! Nissan Blackburn said: "we'll have to pull everything apart, have a look and let you know...." I don't think so...

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
1 Posts
TB45 oil leak

Had an oil leak coming from the oil filter. With further inspection, it turned out to be the oil cooler. Had to get the larger seal made as Nissan only had the small one that goes under the bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts