Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my patty has an oil leak from the oil seal on the inner axel, have changed it many times and still leake , could be the idiot doing it:headwall: or is there an collar that can fit over the axel were the seal rubs on the axel , and if so where do i get one.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
^^ agree but first are you using genuine seals and are the king pins shims exactly the same top and bottom?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Did you definitely put the circlips back on? I had that problem because they were never on when I bought the car.

·
Registered
nissan
1,819 Posts
Also check the diff breather and hose is not blocked blow it out with air and check the rear as well.

·
Registered
nissan
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank's for the feed back, using after market seal's and i will check the diff breather.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
The bearings are fine but the inner axle seal is not. The kit comes with a bunch of stuff you don't need too. I'd recommend the roadrunner gear instead.

·
Registered
nissan
523 Posts
or is there an collar that can fit over the axel were the seal rubs on the axel , and if so where do i get one.
There is and it is called a speedy sleeve. Not sure where you might get one up north, but check spare parts places or bearing shops. might need to give them the size of the axle so they can match one for you. You'll need a length of pipe to help push it on as the installer that comes with the sleeve won't fit over the axle.

I had the same problem on my GU and a speedy sleeve fixed it right up. 3yrs now and no leak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts