Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to 4WD and still learing about the car
I have a 92 Ford Maverick and it has just been serviced 300km ago
I found there is some oil leak onto the floor which is located on the right engine bay
I take a look into it and found the oil seems to be leaking from a tube closed to the battery

May I ask where will be the potential leaking point and what I should do to sort it out?

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's power steering fluid and appears to be leaking from the hose or a fitting higher up. Best option is to give it a good degrease then run the engine and turn steering back and forward until you see where the leak is coming from.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of your reply, I am now having a more clear target after the hints. For the degrease part may I know what detergent would be used on those greasy part?

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
918 Posts
Thanks for all of your reply, I am now having a more clear target after the hints. For the degrease part may I know what detergent would be used on those greasy part?
Spray on degreaser any parts store or supercheap auto sell the can for $2.50, buy a couple spray on leave for 5 or so mins hose off on a COLD engine.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Don't use additives, if it's the hose itself that's damaged take it to a hydraulic hose place like pertek or similar and get a new hose, otherwise get a new one from nissan or a second hand hose from a wrecker.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
918 Posts
Don't use additives, if it's the hose itself that's damaged take it to a hydraulic hose place like pertek or similar and get a new hose, otherwise get a new one from nissan or a second hand hose from a wrecker.
As its a high pressure hose i would advise to buy new only, also new washers on the banjo fitting on the powersteering pump, new they cost $60-70.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
As its a high pressure hose i would advise to buy new only, also new washers on the banjo fitting on the powersteering pump, new they cost $60-70.
A hydraulic hose shop such as pirtek, Enzed or similar have the parts and equipment to make up a new hose using your old fittings, usually at a much reduced price than a new one from mr. Nissan. They do hoses with much higher pressures than what your power steering pump will generate, so that’s a non issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like i said it was a $70 hose and would have taken half hour fit.
You are right, since I am new to the car but it will definitely save me a lot money.
Btw, if I want to make a new one by the companies mentioned here, may I know if I have to remove the old one and bring that to the companies for reference or they know what I need when providing what hose I want with car info given?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You are right, since I am new to the car but it will definitely save me a lot money.
Btw, if I want to make a new one by the companies mentioned here, may I know if I have to remove the old one and bring that to the companies for reference or they know what I need when providing what hose I want with car info given?
Yes, you take the old one in to them and they use your old fittings and just replace the hose. It doesn’t take very long to do either, so I’d imagine that if you make a time with them, they could do it while you wait.

Bloody hell, I can’t believe you stumped up 495 bucks for that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
942 Posts
Thanks for all of your help
$495 to learn a lesson
I needa work hard to learn how I could do my own service and repair
There are plenty of threads on here that you can read, you'll be surprised how much you'll learn about your car. Don't be afraid to ask even if you think it's a stupid question - everyone has to start somewhere and this forum is full of knowledgeable people that'll be glad to help you learn.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts