Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to 4WD and still learing about the car
I have a 92 Ford Maverick and it has just been serviced 300km ago
I found there is some oil leak onto the floor which is located on the right engine bay
I take a look into it and found the oil seems to be leaking from a tube closed to the battery

May I ask where will be the potential leaking point and what I should do to sort it out?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of your reply, I am now having a more clear target after the hints. For the degrease part may I know what detergent would be used on those greasy part?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like i said it was a $70 hose and would have taken half hour fit.
You are right, since I am new to the car but it will definitely save me a lot money.
Btw, if I want to make a new one by the companies mentioned here, may I know if I have to remove the old one and bring that to the companies for reference or they know what I need when providing what hose I want with car info given?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There are plenty of threads on here that you can read, you'll be surprised how much you'll learn about your car. Don't be afraid to ask even if you think it's a stupid question - everyone has to start somewhere and this forum is full of knowledgeable people that'll be glad to help you learn.
You are right! I surf in this forum for a few days and there are plenty of information for me to know more about my cars!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi KeronHou
FYI , If you decide to use a workshop speak to Daniel at Auto Checkers 486 Main Road Blair Athol 8359 6661 , he has a couple of GQ's himself and is very competitive on prices
Thanks for your suggestions!

Will definitely give it a try!
I think the best mechanic for patrol are those owing patrol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts