Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any Ideas of where this oil is leaking from before I pull to much crap apart. It appears to be coming from somewhere behind the A/C bracket on the front passenger side of the engine. It's an 04 3l.

Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,295 Posts
Did you recently get a Nissan Service done??

I was ready to pull my Turbo off after noticing some serious oil on the passenger side of the engine, gave the engine a pressure wash and degrease to try and find the problem and it turned out to be the mess the service guy left after spilling the oil when he was putting it in, he cleaned up but didn't worry about the side of the block.

(Nissan was only doing the service cause of Warranty issues but WILL NEVER TOUCH MY CAR AGAIN!! EVER)

Good luck mate

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,799 Posts
why has the second bolt on what look like the A/C Comp got a black ring of oil around unlike the other bolt ?

Clean it down with contact cleaner or brake line cleaner and see what happens. Oil as noted above once it gets hot can run down so many small channels you could be looking in the wrong place. However if it is still forming around that bolt remove it and see it helps you locate the drip.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually that leak is after I cleaned it and only a 10km drive. Its been there for some time but I didn't worry about it. I think its got a little bit worse lately although you don't notice it between servicing as far as oil loss is concerned. I was just wondering if there is a common place these things leak from in that area. I'm hoping it's not the top sump cause the sounds like a pig of a job. Thanks for the comments so far.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.