Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All
ive bee helping a buddy of mine rebuild his 2.8 we had the motor put together in a shop every thing is brand spanking new just had the turbo rebuilt also. problem is there is some exesive oil biuld up in the cooler piping more than there should be like pooling pretty bad,at first we narrowed it down to the turbo but now its rebuilt its still doing it
im thinking it could be somthing to do withthe vacume box on the cover alowing oils to seep into the cooler pipe. the vacum pump itself isnt used any more as this motor has had a alternator put on with the vac pump attached. any idea on what else could be causing this?

cheers
sutto

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Hey mate, sure its not coming in from the PCV system????

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PCV? can you please refresh my memory is that related to the pipe that goes from the valve cover back into the intake pipe?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think that is it! I assume you dont have a catch can? Coz once that is installed the Intercooler pipes dry out.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
PCV? can you please refresh my memory is that related to the pipe that goes from the valve cover back into the intake pipe?
Yep, "positive crankcase ventillation system". it feeds into the intake system just before the turbo.

·
Registered
nissan
117 Posts
if its just been rebuilt theres no way you should be getting that much blow by if its filling up cooler piping, did u take all cooler piping and cooler off and made sure u cleaned it all proporly?? stupid question but some people dont!!

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if its just been rebuilt theres no way you should be getting that much blow by if its filling up cooler piping, did u take all cooler piping and cooler off and made sure u cleaned it all proporly?? stupid question but some people dont!!
yeah mate been done twice now. were fitting a catch can to this arvo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts