Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU4 2006 with Cummins ISDE4.5 270HP , 830 NM Engine Conversion
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am considering to install an oil pressure unit with gauge. just wondering if i can remove the factory pressure switch ( located near the oil filter) and install an oil pressure unit in the same spot? off course, i am going to 'discount' the factory unit. and tire the cable to +12 or ground which ever it works ( not showing the alert ). since if i can read the oil pressure gauge, why do i need the switch? this way, it will be much easier to install the sender. any suggestions?

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Yes mate, you can do as you said.
But why not get a tee piece and have both units working ?

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts
i am considering to install an oil pressure unit with gauge. just wondering if i can remove the factory pressure switch ( located near the oil filter) and install an oil pressure unit in the same spot? off course, i am going to 'discount' the factory unit. and tire the cable to +12 or ground which ever it works ( not showing the alert ). since if i can read the oil pressure gauge, why do i need the switch? this way, it will be much easier to install the sender. any suggestions?
You need to keep the switch otherwise you gonna have the oil warning light staying on.

You can use a Tee to get the oil gauge sender there.

See ZD30 bible it is there howto with full instructions, fitting sizes...

Regards

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU4 2006 with Cummins ISDE4.5 270HP , 830 NM Engine Conversion
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks, i can disable the switch so there is no warning light. all i want is simple connection, as the T is a bit long? i was worried it could get damaged very easily if near the oil filter? for the factory pressure switch, what is the size of the Sensor Mounting Thread? i just want to get the same size sender which can be screwed in without any adapter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts