Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i had been searching the threads but I cannot find hiw this id done. I am trying to remove the upper oil pan(the large alumunim one) because I need to fix some oil leaks around it. I removed all the screws that I can see but it does not come off. Do I need to disengage the automatic transmission box in order to get it off? Any tricks to do this? Appreciate any response... Thanks guys.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Aren't there some bolts inside the bell housing?

Try a serach but I'm pretty sure this has happened numerous times and there were hidden bolts.

Cheers

Justin

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
It is very common with modern diesels to have to remove the gearbox or engine to get the sump off and it sucks a big wang as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
nissan
438 Posts
Can most definitely confirm YES the auto needs to be removed to drop the top pan.
Is a royal pain in the ass I say also!!

I went through this only about 6mths ago as I had the usual oil leaking around the front edge of it, mainly on the passenger side.

I got the local auto transmission mob to remove the auto, and as they had a heap of work on and not keen to do the sump as well, I got it towed home and done the sump myself. That way I knew it would be done as per Nissan specs etc. Also had them do a full service on the auto as it hadn't been done in the 4yrs I've owned it, so well over due.

Anywhooo.... have again started to get a slight weep on that front passenger side corner again :headwall: but am going to leave it and just keep an eye on it over the next 12mths to see how it goes.

Ohh, and those auto's weigh a crap load too... just saying!!;)

Reactions: Beerhunter

·
Registered
nissan
70 Posts
It is very common with modern diesels to have to remove the gearbox or engine to get the sump off
yup, a gorilla overtightened a large bung at the front of the sump in mine and cracked it Thank you liquid metal for the temp fix) ... when I get to this this job i am going to work out a way to change that to studs instead.most annoying thing is the auto was just done too... bloody stupid design !!!!:nono:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys im new to this group. I bought myself a Hardbody 3.0 16v TD. I bought the bakkie for 20 k but with broken engine. I recently got an engine zd30 but with the aluminum oil pan and it is almost on the iron bar. Can I put the normal oil pan on this. I'm also struggling with the ac bracket and can't find anything on scrapyards. Anyone who can assist, also a few wires sort.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do I need to remove the gearbox only to remove the oil pan? Im asking because the manual tells to remove the clima compressor as well

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
Yes you need to remove the Air con compressor and gearbox to remove the sump. The aircon bracket is in the way of a couple bolts and there are a few bolts at the back of the engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts