Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
521 - 540 of 566 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
You'll only hear what they want you to hear.
FMG was going down the driver less line and have now reduced intended number of driver less trucks, between control, terrain - stability when driving in same path loaded due to wheel ruts or something like that.

Leethal easier said than done discussing fatigue on nightshift, can be costly dependant on company attitude

Anyway sad loss for family and site

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
A bit of a change from above more on safety attitude.

Reading site notices on weekend about 2 separate incidents, first one a contractor drops some equipment in a feed bin, 6m drop there was another work group near base of bin and not notified of work above, was told not to set up by supervisor and wouldn't participate in investigation, result of investigation is through the book at individual involved!
2nd one company worker standing on mid rail of hand rail on haul truck adjusting aerial in work shop 5.8m above ground, no harness, 2nd time on same truck while repairing, no ewp or ladder available, investigation finds lack of SWI, ladder, ewp was cause and EWP to be hired for workshop, not a single action against employee!!!!!!!!

Contractors beware yet again, so common in our industry

Company "life saving choices" set in stone , apparently????, is 2 x 2 rule which translates to 2 m up or 2m from edge must be harness and working at heights requirements. Failing to do is a window seat, goes to show just takes one photo with a goat.

·
Registered
nissan
11,202 Posts
A bit of a change from above more on safety attitude.

Reading site notices on weekend about 2 separate incidents, first one a contractor drops some equipment in a feed bin, 6m drop there was another work group near base of bin and not notified of work above, was told not to set up by supervisor and wouldn't participate in investigation, result of investigation is through the book at individual involved!
2nd one company worker standing on mid rail of hand rail on haul truck adjusting aerial in work shop 5.8m above ground, no harness, 2nd time on same truck while repairing, no ewp or ladder available, investigation finds lack of SWI, ladder, ewp was cause and EWP to be hired for workshop, not a single action against employee!!!!!!!!

Contractors beware yet again, so common in our industry

Company "life saving choices" set in stone , apparently????, is 2 x 2 rule which translates to 2 m up or 2m from edge must be harness and working at heights requirements. Failing to do is a window seat, goes to show just takes one photo with a goat.
life saving rules are only applicable when its convenient. seen this first hand.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,723 Posts
You may recall I determined that I was required to interrogate more learned personnel, further up the ladder, regarding the dingo incident.

The mine manager himself, at this very morning’s daily prayer, confirmed that ‘behind the scenes’, shooters have culled a significant number of local dingoes.

Then at the pub tonight (after sixth day it’s half way through swing so deserves a beer) I spied the Newcrest electrical supervisor. Not a bad lad, so I summonsed him for an audience.

“This sheila half eaten by the mangy mutt”, I started, “where exactly did it happen?”

I went on to explain my view that the media story was full of holes.

“It wasn’t even at the mine, it was here at camp”, he offered, pointing a knowing thumb over his shoulder, “down at the tables behind the pool!”

Now, to paint you a picture, the pool is to the immediate north of the pub (well, 20m), the mess is to the east of the pool, the car park to the north. Adjacent to the pool is some wooden park benches, along with some bbqs if you want to cook your own.

Apparently this is where the lady was attacked. Smack in the middle of the village!

Gotta wonder...

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,723 Posts
Electricians wanted: Telfer Gold/Copper mine.

One sparky recently left to work with his brother at BHP, and I’m not sure if applications are still open for his job. However another resigned yesterday (shame, he’s a top bloke) so his job will no doubt be advertised shortly.

I believe they want instro/HV quals as well, and I believe it’s around $150-160k a year, on an 8/6 roster, days one swing, nights the next (contrary to Kimba’s fantasy, this is not even time, it’s 8/6 lol).

The people here are really good, the elect supervisors are great blokes too. You don’t have the do any really crap work, that’s given to contractor-scum :D (read: me and the mob I work for)

Downside: it’s the hottest mine in Australia, nov to March average 42. Dongas are politely described as ordinary.

Ok whole fkn camp should be demolished.

Dingos will allegedly eat you lol

I don’t know where they’d be advertising it, but if anybody is keen for can find out?

Some people here even FIFO from over east, at Newcrest expense, it not sure if that’s still offered to new employees.

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Electricians wanted: Telfer Gold/Copper mine.

I believe they want interior/HV quals as well, and I believe it’s around $150-160k a year, on an 8/6 roster, days one swing, nights the next (contrary to Kimba’s fantasy, this is not even time, it’s 8/6 lol).

Interior??? what is this magic?

Reactions: 05_ENFORCER

·
Registered
nissan
2,202 Posts
Mate it's basically even time.

Small chance I'll be out there going underground. I heard it's stupid hot

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,723 Posts
Interior??? what is this magic?
Bloody spell check! It’s instro lol

Kimba it’s not even time. If you’re say tues to tues you leave home 5 am tues get home 7pm next tues and home wed til mon. 8 minus 6 = 2, for most people. That’s why it’s not called a 7/7 roster :)

I’m 12/9, same ratio and same days worked per year. Would you call 12/9 even time?

Reactions: madk1w1

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,723 Posts
The guy who’s leaving is going to the BHP refinery in Kwinana doing a 4/3 roster, same ratio as 8/6 and 12/9 so essentially same as he was doing here, but living in Perth sleeps in his own bed every night and is getting about $150k.

Not bad for city based job.

·
Registered
nissan
2,202 Posts
I said it was basically even time. When I spend half of fly in day farting about in a plane and having breaky then half a day the other end on a plane drinking beers you lose a day there.

Beauty is I get paid for the 8th day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,126 Posts
What are you doin outta bed? :p

Foo

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,723 Posts
So two blokes taken away by RFDS from work in last 24 hours, one with cyanide poisoning and one with pretty nasty burns from an incident at the primary crusher.

RFDS do an awesome job, please try to spare some change next time you see one of their fund raising tins on a shop counter.

521 - 540 of 566 Posts