Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
504 Posts
Wow, yesterday I refilled Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40. What a different noise coming from the engine bay. Smoother revs up, quiet and less vibrations in higher revs. Thanks Gents for recommendations! I've converted to Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 till I can source it here.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y61 2014Titanium
36 Posts
Bringing up an old thread but in the search of an oil which meets the specifications of our engine I came across Titan Unimax Ultra MC 10W40. The specs are as follows:

ACEA E7/B4/B3/A3
API CI-4
GLOBAL DHD-1
JASO DH-1

On the face of it it seems to tick all of the requirements for the ZD30 engine.

Not knowing anything about this brand has anyone come across Fuchs?

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,958 Posts
Bringing up an old thread but in the search of an oil which meets the specifications of our engine I came across Titan Unimax Ultra MC 10W40. The specs are as follows:

ACEA E7/B4/B3/A3
API CI-4
GLOBAL DHD-1
JASO DH-1

On the face of it it seems to tick all of the requirements for the ZD30 engine.

Not knowing anything about this brand has anyone come across Fuchs?
Been around for eons, it is a German Multinational. Out of interest, what are you using now and what is the reason you wish to change.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y61 2014Titanium
36 Posts
I'm currently using Mobil 1 Delvac esp 5w40. I don't have an issue with it.

I was after a 10W40 synthetic oil which is JASO DH-1 compliant and this is the only one I can find (apart from Penrite).

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I tried one of the Fuchs Titans in my TD42 although not synthetic. Worked but the motor was noticeably noisier so haven't used it since.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I tried one of the Fuchs Titans in my TD42 although not synthetic. Worked but the motor was noticeably noisier so haven't used it since.
Ran Fuchs in my truck once - after the 2nd oil change (5000k intervals) noticed increased white smoke and bearing noise. Thought, "it can't be the oil", but went back to rimula X and smoke and rattles cleared up.

Don't use Fuchs unless you want to Fuch your motor.

201 - 208 of 208 Posts