Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so is this the new forum layout and did I miss the email. I thought this morning when I saw it on my phone that it was an app issue or something that would go away but now I see it on the computer tonight. Are we stuck with this and are there some instructions on how to use it properly. I can't find anything about it. For the record if you can't tell so far I think it sucks. @geeyoutoo @OldMav

·
___BTDT___
42,662 Posts
OK so is this the new forum layout and did I miss the email. I thought this morning when I saw it on my phone that it was an app issue or something that would go away but now I see it on the computer tonight. Are we stuck with this and are there some instructions on how to use it properly. I can't find anything about it. For the record if you can't tell so far I think it sucks. @geeyoutoo @OldMav
There was no email, the warnings have been coming for a few weeks, today was always going to be the big change. Yes the size of the change has surprised many of us, even administrators. Have a read of the Community Help section for some insight.

At first it is a big shock but there are many good aspects to it, But, if you were a local administrator you would really have a gigantic headache.

·
Previously known as twodiffs
3,667 Posts
🤣 I just logged in and thought the same!.

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
5,812 Posts
Stick around guys, yeah it sucks at first and you bumble about a lot for a while before you start to see a few of the things you liked about our old format. You sort get to like most of it after a bit. there are a few things that really piss me off. hoping we have a little more input in time to get the forum to be a little more intuitive in how it works. This isn't like any off autoguides other forums so its probably a experiment for them as well.

·
___BTDT___
42,662 Posts
🤣 I just logged in and thought the same!.
I can assure you there is a lot of dialogue going on in the background you won't see but hopefully after a while we will see the light at the end of the tunnel and it won't be a train, changes are still happening and I have been assured privately that there will be a concerted effort to see improvement that we as local admins put forward.

·
___BTDT___
42,662 Posts
Haha
So emojis and swearing.
Well it’s not all bad. Lol
Don't get carried away by this, we can still ban blatant offenders and we will :).

·
Registered
485 Posts
i'm just trying to change my signature, delete a line and replace it with something new, but it's telling me my signature is to long and won't accept the change???

am I the only one who likes the new look??

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
am I the only one who likes the new look??
I've been on it basically all day yesterday and, although it took some time to get used to, I'm OK with it now.

Couple of small issues that I'm sure will be sorted over the next couple of weeks, but I don't have any major issues with the new look... Apart from the ad bombardment, of course...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
its crap not because its new but the navigation menus and forum list design is not good. Quite convoluted.

-Main forum listing doesnt show unless you choose the link
-Preview of the post thread is gone so you must click on link
-It doesnt who last replied to it anymore so that saves you from clicking in the post to double check

·
Registered
485 Posts
AND, i'm just registered atm, no longer a senior member.....😭

only kidding, no big deal...….😰

I agree with the menu's, but hope it just takes a bit of getting used to.
I have a vague idea how much work has gone into this update, and don't want to criticize.

·
___BTDT___
42,662 Posts
its crap not because its new but the navigation menus and forum list design is not good. Quite convoluted.

-Main forum listing doesnt show unless you choose the link
-Preview of the post thread is gone so you must click on link
-It doesnt who last replied to it anymore so that saves you from clicking in the post to double check
Just be a little patient, we are talking with people in the background and things are changing daily. I've just spent 2 days on and off getting all the links in my signature working, took a long time to work out a method but it is done now, whoooooHoooooooo perseverance to the rescue..

The next big challenge on this for me are updating the links in the Show and Shine first post as sponsors come on board, life wasn't meant to be easy 😎.

·
Registered
485 Posts
typical Rod, sort your own stuff out first, don't worry bout us lot...….KIDDING...….

oh, I do hate the avatar photo style. cuts out most of the pic.
I will try to keep my disgust at the number of ads, all over the page, to myself.... for now.
but, yes, I understand, bills need to be paid.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
typical Rod, sort your own stuff out first, don't worry bout us lot...….KIDDING...….

I will try to keep my disgust at the number of ads, all over the page, to myself.... for now.
If this forum dies, only three threads need to be saved. DI archives, CRD archives and Ross's build thread. 😉

I agree with the profile pic. Going to try uploading a new one shortly to see if I can adjust the pic to suit the format better.

EDIT: @y b normal you can drag the pic around inside the circle when you edit your profile pic. My old profile pic was a really crappy resolution though, so I changed it. Have a play. It works OK'ish...

·
___BTDT___
42,662 Posts

I certainly hope you are kidding as you have no idea what has been going on in the background seeking changes to better suit our needs.... BTW it's Ross not Rod.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts