Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
nissan patrol
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so what's YOUR must do/see up the cape, cause i'm planning a trip next year around july august, taking the family along for the trip.
I did a boys run last year, only 7days return to townsville, so only raced through the OTL and 2 days at the tip and a quick run out to chilli beach ( didn't stay cause it was blowing a gale and raining) spent a night at the lions den and drove the creb track north to south. this time it will be a slower trip about 3 weeks and family orientated as there will be my two brothers and their familys + my own so far.

we're still in the planing stages and I'm after some ideas for our itinerary.

tow vehicle is an 88 GQ duel cab TB42 with almost all the fruit (no lockers) but a warn high mount on the front.

the CT a home made job 16" splits lots of clearance etc.....

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,099 Posts
Daintree nation Park.

Upper Daintree Road (Zig Zag Track to the locals??). Starts at the Nth end of the Bloomfield track. Comes out 1/2 way along the Creb. Allow 2 days.

Beer at the Sexchange Hotel.

Gota do Frenchmans Track on the way back from Chili beach. 1 day at least. Should be reasonably dry by August.

2 nights, 1 whole day at Twin falls at least. Camp near Sam creek.

A couple of days at Punsand Bay or Cable Bay near the top.

Restock food at Siesha. Don't stop in Bamaga unless ya need more beer.

Captain Billy's is nice. Bit blowey.

A couple of days at Virilya Point is great. Beautifull place!

Old Coach Road from Laura to Mayfield on the way back down. Allow 2 days to get back to Palmer River Roadhouse with time to spare. Can be done in 1 day, but I would'nt do that again.

Don't rush.

·
Banned
nissan patrol
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks frosty1970, will make some notes and do some more research.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Jardine Wells, awesome spot. Fresh water spring flowing(slowly) out of the sand, goes under at high tide.

Good fishing, crabbing, spent 5 days there in 2007 and saw 2 other cars the whole time.

Frenchmans is good too.

·
Registered
nissan
270 Posts
Are you going to do something about the snorkel? It looks like it's just begging to suck down water and hydralic the engine!

·
Banned
nissan patrol
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you going to do something about the snorkel? It looks like it's just begging to suck down water and hydralic the engine!
WTF:idiot:

·
Registered
nissan patrol guii petrol/gas
170 Posts
Portland Roads is nice for lunch. Worth dropping in.

We stayed at Punsand for a few day's as well, better then Seisa I think.

·
Registered
561 Posts
We hated Punsand Bay, it was expensive & a dump, really not looked after at all.
Next time we will stay at Loyalty Beach, was more a typical caravan park but better looked after.

·
Registered
nissan
339 Posts
Even better than Loyalty beach is the Seisha caravan park , then you within a few minutes stroll from the jetty where you can fish to your heart's content. It was worth it for me !!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts